Daton Fix Makes Another NCAA Finals, Dustin Plott Becomes an All-American

Originally published at: https://pistolsfiringblog.com/daton-fix-makes-another-ncaa-finals-dustin-plott-becomes-an-all-american/

Fix will wrestle for that elusive national title.

1 Like

I can’t remember us ever being in 12th place going into Saturday…. I know we are wounded and young but come on John, you need to improve on this chit

1 Like

2009 is our worse ever at 16 at the end.
This was a bad year.

1 Like

At least some good remains in what has been a disappointing season.

1 Like

Yes we can still get a natty and a third.
Both have already got their seeds.

1 Like

It didn’t look like Plott had his heart in it.

Plott’s heart was in the match, but his body might not have had much energy left. He wrestled quite a lot Friday.
I am guessing that OSU having just 2 All-Americans is a new record. But understandable due to injuries. We had at least 2 guys who did not belong on the mat because of injuries. Lost a ton of potential points.
Any finish out of the top 4 is considered a bad season for the Cowboys.
Very cleaver of Cale Sanderson to keep some of his starters out of the Big 10 tournament so they could be fresh for NCAA tournament. I hope that does not start a trend with other teams. But good to see Iowa will not win the championship.
During the off season OSU needs to look at it’s strength and conditioning program since it seems like our guys are not as strong as a lot of their opponents. Getting thrown around at times like rag dolls. Can’t get off bottom.
Plott, Gfeller, and Luke Surber most impressive this season.
Can Daton Fix mount enough offense tonight to win?
He was screwed out of his first NCAA title by the ref who called his crab ride a stalemate in the last 30 seconds when it was actually a legit ride out.
Looking forward to hearing John Smith talk with Rex Holt some time today.
This program needs some improvement and I guess that starts with recruiting. Oklahoma is no longer the hotbed for high school wrestlers. It’s the midwest, and that is where the recruiting needs to be stronger. One guy left in the consolations is just hard to believe.
Wyatt Sheets ,with his great DNA, never got to reach his full potential because of injuries. Sad to see, also to Kaid Brock. Wishing Mastro a full recovery because so much potential there. Luke, hit the portal and go down to 197 and be an All-American. AJ, remain at 197.
To help the Cowboys gain more energy in a most natural manner that I am sure the Chinese athletes make use of, I offered to teach the Cowboy team the method this season, but John Smith showed no interest in replying to my offer. Oh well.

Is it time for John to move along?

I’m in for another year but this kind of result in the BOK next year?
I would have to tap out.

Anyone think AJ with all the WWE appearances he will leave early ? Seems to be all in on them.
He’s kind of a lose cannon

1 Like