Despite Struggles, the Cowboys’ Offense Is Solid on Opening Drives

Originally published at: https://pistolsfiringblog.com/despite-struggles-the-cowboys-offense-is-solid-on-opening-drives/

OSU has averaged 48.2 yards per opening drive this season, a stat a lot of Big 12 teams thrive in.

Cool, so nothing to worry about.

I mean coach said it’s fixable and with receiver depth back i except a high octagon offense that scores a lot of points like coach said we were going to do at the beginning of the year. Get your popcorn ready and watch this offense light people up! :woozy_face:

1 Like

We seem to forget it took a kick return for touchdown, blocked FG, and end game defensive stop to win three of our five games. That should be worrisome, and that was against the three easiest teams we’ve faced on the schedule so far.

Another thing that’s worrisome is not being able to adjust in the 2nd half. The offense in four of our five games has averaged 3 points in the second half of the game. That trend can’t continue or you’ll lose to Texas. If you are going to continue that trend then you better score at least 35 points in the first half against Texas on Saturday.

While special teams hasn’t been totally terrible our guys tend to still muff the returns. There seems to be no discipline in the punt return game. The worst thing you could do is give the Texas offense the ball deep in your own territory.

I won’t even get into the Spencer Sanders situation because I think we’ve all seen what we’ve seen.

This seems like one of those feel good articles by the PFB team that says “Hey!!! Not everything is bad!!!”. While that maybe true I think we can all agree we need to see better adjustments, consistency, and less second half scoring woes by the offense.

1 Like