PFB+ Soccer Discussion

PFB+ Soccer thread. Let’s do it.

My team, Leeds United, is on top of the table in the EFL. Might get an opportunity to play in the Premier League next year. And probably switching to Adidas kits. Pretty exciting stuff!

Who’s your team and how are they doing?

1 Like

Manchester United fan. I’m ready for any and all criticism cuz I’m used to it by now🤷‍♂️

1 Like

Longtime gooner. Have some optimism for the first time in awhile.

Also kind of follow Bournemouth. Such an amazing story. In league two in 2008 with a -17 point penalty because they were in administration. They climb all the way to the premier league in 15/16 and have managed to stay up since.

1 Like

Bundesliga, gotta be a Borussia Dortmund fan, right? Started supporting them for Pulisic. Holding on to 4th in the table. Gio Reyna, he is a big piece for the USMNT in the future. I love the German style of play and Dortmund looks like an amazing place to see a match.

@daniel11 Liverpool fan here, I feel you. Actually started following them about 7 years ago and it has kind of worked out. They are the only team in any sport that I support that has actually won something.

Does anybody else go to the OKC Energy games? Great entertainment for the money and they always have a nice selection of COOOOP beer.

UNPOPULAR OPINION: I love ESPN+. We always have women’s college soccer on in our house. Doesn’t matter who is playing. ESPN+ has a bunch of games on-demand and I’m always pulling up random matches.

2 Likes

No professional affiliation in any league, but I am die-hard USA soccer. One of my absolute best memories is waking up at 5:30 on a Saturday with my brother, immediately starting to drink, and watching the US in South Africa against Algeria in 2010. THE Landon Donovan goal. The only time I have screamed louder was the Tyreek punt return in Bedlam. I literally lost my voice for a few hours with the Donovan one.

1 Like

No

4 Likes

Sitting at my desk figuring out where in OKC to watch the USWNT tonight. Would like to hit Skinny Slim’s, alas, I will likely have children with me.

Spurs fan in EPL and Monchengladbach supporter for Bundesliga. Started seriously following 4 or 5 years ago.

1 Like

Say Monchengladbach five times fast

OKC Energy games are a blast. The team should be really good this year and you can get 2 tickets for about $20. Hopefully the team can get a bigger following and turnout considering the new 10K seat stadium the city just voted on to build!

2 Likes

“Did someone say Shake ‘n’ Bake?”

Chelsea fan here. The club has been exceeding my expectations this year. I’m excited to see what the young guys will do. Pulisic has been up and down but overall is a good signing.

3 Likes

Same on ESPN+ except for wrestling matches. I love being able to tune in and watch a random wrestling match. I have also really enjoyed tuning in for random MLS matches.

I just wanted to say that I’m glad there is now a thread that I never have to worry about opening again to see if I missed anything. So thanks Lee. :wink:

4 Likes

I’m sure we can throw in some recruiting ranking discussions for you, value of stars, etc. Don’t want you to miss out completely

3 Likes

Tottenham Spurs!

COYS!

3 Likes

1000 likes to you

And to you. If you are ever in DFW, join us at the Irishman Pub for the games.

1 Like

Hell no.

Go Tulsa Athletic.

Clubs:
Tulsa Athletic
Everton
MLS Charlotte Bandwagon