Donovan Williams Decision Primer: Where We Think the Guard Commits

Three-star shooting guard Donovan Williams, a one-time Nebraska pledge, will make his second commitment decision on Monday between Oklahoma State, Texas and Kansas State.

The Nebraska native is one of the top uncommitted shooting guards in the 2020 class with a 6-foot-5 frame, smooth release and projectable two-way game. He enters Monday with many believing he’s K-State bound. Below, we make our own predictions based on the latest developments across the recruiting landscape.

Kyle Porter: Oklahoma State. I feel a lot more confident about this one than I did about Thor. I know what the 247 ball says, but … it’s wrong (at least it is as of Monday morning). I like Williams, too. I think he can be a nice player in Stillwater. He won’t have the immediate impact Thor would have had, but there’s a world in which his career is more impactful overall. Lastly: We need to not pick OSU for every single one of these.

Kyle Boone: Oklahoma State. This team needs to continue to add shooters to surround Cade Cunningham with, and Williams fills that need. With a 6-foot-5 frame, smooth shooting release and versatile defensive game, he’ll have a chance to emerge as a two-way player at the two-guard spot alongside Cal Baptist grad transfer Ferron Flavors.

Kyle Cox: Oklahoma State – With Thor taking his talents to Auburn, the fit is too good at Oklahoma State. I think he’ll spurn K-State to throw his lot in with the likes of Cade and Co. While the Cowboys definitely could have used Thor’s size in this class and on the roster, Williams provides two things you can never have too much of – a polished scoring touch and perimeter shooting.

Marshall Scott: Oklahoma State – Things have been shifting in the past 24 hours. It was originally thought JT Thor would go to OSU and Williams would end up at K-State, but with Thor going to Auburn, Williams to OSU is picking up steam.

5 Likes

Welp, this article just jinxed it. Thanks guys. :laughing:

Desperately hope you’re right.

3 Likes

Since we missed out on Thor, I won’t be too upset if we land Williams and increase our chance with his 5 :star2: star buddy in next years class

3 Likes

When is the decision? This afternoon?

Tonight at 6

1 Like

So that means he’ll pick Kansas State lol.

1 Like

If you’re saying that about the Thor prediction not panning out, I feel like there are things you don’t know.

4 Likes

I think your right, there’s way more. I think Williams wants to go to OSU more than he does K State but Thor was forcing him to chose K State. I know he’s talked about exposure, but I don’t think he just wants to be a star or anything. I think he wants to prove himself on a good team compete team rather than going somewhere and being a stud with a couple of Cams on the team. For that reason I say OSU

1 Like

I really hope we get him. After watching film and with his build and size, I feel like he is the next Jeffery Carroll. Not immediately but year 2-3. I’d welcome that any day!

3 Likes

:dart:

8 Likes

I think there is a lot to be said for getting a kid who truly wants to be a part of the program. Also think Williams could be a very underrated player simply because he missed a whole summer of ball with his knee injury

1 Like

I’m watching Donovan’s IG live right now and his dad just popped in and said in the background “i’m headed to Scheel’s to get an Oklahoma State shirt”

So…

13 Likes

Stop it. You’re lying.

1 Like

I’m definitely not.

7 Likes

Can you get OSU shirts at Scheels in Nebraska? :face_with_monocle:

Have you ever been to a Scheel’s? They’re magnificent.

1 Like

I grew up in Iowa. Had one in Iowa City I’d frequent. Truly amazing store!

Apparently so magnificent they’re considered essential??

5 Likes

They’re up there with cabella’s and bass pro, so yes

1 Like

It’s a huge sporting goods store… I would imagine they are considered essential.

3 Likes