EDDIE Movie

Anyone have the details on the Eddie movie? In scanning the deadCenter Film Festival web site (https://dcff2020.eventive.org/welcome), it looks like the premier is this Thursday at 5pm Oklahoma time. But apparently this is “not a ticketed event”. Perhaps it requires a full film festival pass for $100?

I am not sure how this works, and I can’t see other showing times. Anyone have a confident, definitive story?

1 Like

I think a while back I had read that they will sell individual “tickets” to the showing starting a short time before the event if all the spots aren’t claimed by those with the $100 festival pass. I would imagine this would be one of the most anticipated films at the festival and I’m not sure if they will have any tickets available.

2 Likes

Makes sense. Thanks for the clarification.

I’ve got 5 alarms set for various times on Thursday to go and check for tickets. I’ll post in here if I find that they become available.

1 Like

I was just checking into this. I’m all about supporting these guys for making a movie about one of my childhood heroes, but $100 for a movie is a little steep.
Hopefully they will sell individual tickets

Positive update on this front: Right now they are showing short films and you can still buy access into them and then stream at your convenience even though it started at 10am. Online sales haven’t started for EDDIE yet.

EDIT: Negative update: EDDIE has been taken off the schedule for tonight at 5pm and is not listed as a movie that will be shown at the festival at all. I wonder if that is related to not enough revenue or exposure being generated by the online festival format or if there is more editing that needs to be done since Eddie passed. I would lean to the exposure portion since EDDIE was on the schedule earlier this week.

1 Like

Hate to hear that. If you find out why, please let us know. Maybe 30 for 30 picked it up, lol.

3 Likes

Awesome news! Primetime on ESPN.

8 Likes

Woah, that’s awesome!

1 Like

Today just keeps getting better. That is huge news!!

1 Like

LFG

More like NostradamusPoke

1 Like

Heck yeah.

Best day since March honestly.

Why did they put a picture of the ESPN logo in the tweet lol? That would be like me posting that I just ate McDonald’s and then hitting you guys with a pic of the golden arches.

1 Like

We wouldn’t want to confuse it with McDowells

2 Likes

I had a feeling…

efahzan109oWdMRKnH

2 Likes

Man this trailer made me choke up.

1 Like

Officially on ESPN Monday at 8!

8 Likes

I’m way too excited about Monday night.