ESPN's Paul Finebaum on Bedlam Split: 'Nobody Cares. We're Talking About Stillwater, Oklahoma'

You were going great until the end. Obviously people OUTSIDE the state of OK watch Bedlam otherwise over 7 million wouldn’t have watched it. Go look up the population of Oklahoma then do some math.

1 Like

I went to both schools. No fans are more obnoxious than zerOU’s. 99% of them never attended a college, and that’s okay, but it’s their insecurity that makes them cheer for that preppy uni. Hardly any of them would’ve fit in on zerOU’s campus cause I know tons of 'em, but they have no idea. Most are barely HS grads.

@beer In all fairness, Tuscaloosa sounds like a nice place to live. It is much larger than Stillwater. Tuscaloosa actually qualifies for MSA status, with a population of about 280,000. All of Payne County is about 80K population. And no MSA status. — Larger population makes a place better than another? That’s laughable. Am I the only oSu fan who’s been to Tuscaloosa? It’s okay, it sure wasn’t anything close to 280,000 from what I saw. By what you said Tulsa is better than Stillwater just because it’s close to 500,000 metro not MSA, they go crazy w/ that anyway and include Bartlesville in Tulsa’s MSA to get it close to a million. Ain’t no way Tulsa is better than Stilly, I say this as a person whose hometown is Tulsa and a person who lived in a city of 12 million for 20 years, but that was the BEST big city in the world so I can’t knock it. Smaller college towns have a nicer atmosphere IMO than a uni in a large city. Let’s call a duck a duck, Finedbum is a CLOWN!

1 Like

Please read my followup. I agree with you.

How does the city have anything to do with winning conference titles?

1 Like

I’ll plead ignorance on that one. I didn’t realize all that I was thinking their population was just over 100K. which is still double Stillwater of course. I wasn’t really comparing the two, more simply stating an opinion based on my ignorant information. Seriously , thanks for the info. :call_me_hand:

Sorry Joe, I misread your comment as something else. I see what you’re saying lol my bad

1 Like

“Maybe Alabama is the better blueblood”……

MAYBE? MAYBE Bama (who’s won 6 of the last 13 titles) is a better blueblood?!?! You really have to ask that question?!?!

1 Like

I do find this criticism of the perceived OU fans education level as extremely ironic………while you have posters like @robert28 carrying the flag for the Aggies on here :joy::joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

Your always talking how much of a genius you are. Yet you never get sarcasm. Of course Alabama is better then uo. There are a bunch better then uo. You last coach was so scared of sec play he left. That was afyer one of uo highest hyped preseason.

That is cute you had yo think about who was a better team uo or Alabama
Lmao

1 Like

Talking about toothless, hillbilly trailer trash . . . that is with whom Finebaum copulates on the radio each day. Same DNA . . . family tree has only a trunk.

2 Likes

Findaclue started his career out in Birmingham so don’t bring that weak asx chit in here

1 Like

I would agree, I’d prefer fewer people in a college town. Especially fewer toothless OU bandwagon fans

2 Likes

I’ve been to Tuscaloosa, it’s comparable to Selma to me … nothing of significance the except the U of A !!

Gonna pull out the racist thing on Oklahoma? Please man just stop that shittt. Where do you live? If Oklahoma where in Oklahoma and do you live where you have people hanging from trees? Or do you see another kind of racism like say Systemic racism or is it another kind of racism that’s called something else? You sound like a leftist when things don’t go your way you bust out the race card. pathetic. Don’t bring politics up in here so take it somewhere else because this is a sports blog. Chump.

I’m probably old enough to be your dad so you get a hall pass for not knowing what you are talking about. If you didn’t experience the 1976 bedlam wrestling fight, I was there BTW, you have no clue what Bedlam is really about and it being relevant to a lot of fans.

2 Likes

So the 3,000 people at the 1976 Bedlam wrestling fight are the only ones qualified to understand Bedlam. Got it. I think assuming Bedlam wrestling is the litmus test for relevance of “a lot of fans” is a little misinformed.

Yep from the OSU side I think it is a perfect example of how OSU fans feel. As for how OU fans feel, I don’t give two S#$t’s about that.

2 Likes

Now I will say that there are some OSU fans/alums who just don’t care about bedlam. My Daughter is one of them. Yes I did fail majorly as a father.

2 Likes

What @bruce4 is saying ( and I know football is king ) is that the other sports are fairly even. It’s a hate game for both schools. Most fans from either side could care less if the other side wins any other game. Most pull for the opposing team. That’s all fair. I could give a chit if uo pulls for us, and likewise. Like Gundy said do you think uo gave any thought to a bedlam game in their long negotiations ? No … now they want to blame us for the Bedlam game not being played ?! I know Josh will schedule OU in baseball and basketball will do the same. We don’t have gymnastics though :grin:

2 Likes

I know reminiscing by this old fart, me, is probably getting old but I went to just about every home wrestling match while I was at OSU. Wrestling is a sport where one puts hands on the opponent so naturally things can get heated. In all the matches that I watched OSU/OU were the only matches where things usually turned into pure bloodsport. That’s bedlam in a nutshell.

2 Likes