Favorite Hobbies

Anybody have any hobbies you’re giving a little more attention to these days? Tinkering with cars, building guns, wood working, painting… Share stories and pictures and maybe even ideas! I know a lot of us are going to go a little stir crazy.

I for one am building/rebuilding/cleaning my gun collection. I think when that is all done I will either build myself a new headboard, or put some more shelving in my shop.

1 Like

Started to look at modifying my car, once again (2015 WRX).

Going to get back into reading more, again.

2 Likes

Kayaking is our big hobby when it’s warm

3 Likes

What are you wanting to do to it? I love tinkering with cars, though I will admit I almost exclusively tinker with 1972 and older

Start with cat-back exhaust delete. 2015+ WRXs are actually really quiet even with no mufflers, oddly enough. Then probably an ECU flash (the stock programming causes WRXs to run a little lean, apparently). After that, I’m not sure. I don’t want to do too much that would jeopardize the car’s life. It has done really well up to this point.

1 Like

I have a buddy who is a Subaru… guru. He is constantly tuning them up and MAN can they scoot when done right.

1 Like

My wife and I have gotten into modern board games (i.e. not games like Monopoly or Operation… Catan would be a good example) and are having a blast. I am also starting a Dungeons and Dragons game online with my friends who are also self-isolating.

3 Likes

My first little project.

14 Likes

They can…however…their transmissions and the all-wheel drive system can handle only so much power. Once you hit 375-400+ HP, you’re getting into “replace with stronger parts” territory.

Stock, they come at 265 HP. I’d be fine with around 325, probably stop there. But I don’t even drive mine hard unless the need arises.

1 Like

FIFY, before @JustGary could

3 Likes

Photography!!! I’m ready to pick up my camera and practice some new techniques.

I’m working with Liliana and Camille on homeschool activities. Practicing viola & cello (them, not me.) Coaching for cheer try-outs once school starts back…plyometrics, jumps, stretches, etc. Practicing virtually for their upcoming dance recital. Practicing a monologue for a school variety show audition: Camille is reciting & acting out “Alexander & the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day.”

I should be giving them some sewing lessons. I sew, my mom was a home-ec teacher.

Art, we are all doing some drawing and water color just to entertain the fickle crowd. Related arts!!!

My husband races go-karts. His current kart has a 125cc engine. (He also had a 250cc, but sold that one.) He likes road courses the best: Roebling Road, Mid-Ohio, etc. Of course they are a bit scarier to watch…because if anything happens: slides off into the ditch, something breaks and he can’t drive on, someone hits someone else, you can’t always see him. I’ve ran around the course on the outside in the grass a couple of times. :worried: He might be a more interesting hobbyist for most of you guys. He’s working on the kart in the evenings. He’s his own mechanic and the karts are always a bit fragile as far as vehicles go.

Hiking in the mountains north of Greenville. It’s gorgeous!

2 Likes

Mostly video games and smoking that legal.

Thinking about getting into DND. Looking for a good DM who’s willing to put up with a newb.

1 Like

I need to find one. We’ve begun to realize that without hauling kids around from 4:39-8:30 every night, we don’t know what to do with ourselves. Sitting around the house at 5:30pm… I’m lost.

3 Likes

Tinkering with cars. Hoping to have my restomod 68 Mustang fastback complete this summer but till then, track days with my 2018 Shelby GT350 now that it’s warming up. Oh, and I have a 19 month old… so yeah, that’s mostly what I do outside of working from home now.

4 Likes

I’ve always been a GM guy, but I do dig a good 68 fastback. I just got done with a complete restoration on a 1970 Chevelle SS and man am I glad to be done

3 Likes

How much would you sell the Chevelle for? Need to prepare in case I win the lottery. :smirk:

1 Like

I am working working on fixing up my hotrod… a 1978 MG Midget. I am currently having some issues with a new carburetor that I put on though (so if anyone is good at that stuff, let me know)

3 Likes

Man, this is awesome. Great work.

4 Likes

I got into jiu-jitsu a couple years ago and loved it. Had to stop for a bit because my old job was taking up most of time.

I was fixing to start up against this month, but didn’t think it was best idea given the current circumstances right now.

2 Likes

When you win the lottery, call me :money_mouth_face:

12 Likes