Ferron Flavors Predictions: Where we think the Cal Baptist Transfer Lands

Cal Baptist graduate transfer shooting guard Ferron Flavors, one of the most highly sought after players on the transfer market, is set to make his college commitment today at 2 p.m. He’ll be picking between OSU, Wake Forest, Washington State, Detroit (lol) and Xavier.

Here’s where we think he lands.

Kyle Porter : Oklahoma State – It makes too much sense for a good-shooting guard to come play with Baby Luka handling the ball. Mike Boynton referenced this on my pod with him (nbd) the other day – about how it’s not just about collecting a bunch of really good players but figuring out how they all fit together. I think he probably sold Flavors on that idea, and hopefully he can be Jonathan Laurent 2.0 in 2021.

Marshall Scott : Oklahoma State – As much as I want a super class of top freshman stars (which OSU kind of already has) it makes a lot of sense to add a grad transfer for a few reasons. One, it fits more into the win-now mentality OSU will find itself in next season with Cade Cunningham stopping by for his lone season of college basketball before making millions in the NBA. It also gives Boynton and his staff some scholarship flexibility for the 2021 cycle. He would have just Cunningham’s if he used his remaining two scholarships on incoming freshman. Using one on a grad transfer gives him at least two as he chases down 2021 recruits.

Kyle Boone : Oklahoma State – I think Washington State is the real threat here since he’s from Washington, but ultimately, OSU and what it can offer him seem far too appealing for him to turn down. Chew on these quotes Flavors had with 247 this week and the pieces seem to fall in place.

“I feel like Coach Boynton has been doing a really good job since he became the head coach. One thing that I found impressive is they started out slow in conference this year, and then after that they won eight of ten or something like that to finish out the season. He’s also getting one of the best players in the country in Cade Cunningham, and it always helps to play with better players. They just have a great need for my skillset and what I can bring to a team.”

So OSU has a need for a player like Flavors, Flavors has a need for a program in need of depth at shooting guard, and OSU looks like it’s going to have one of the best college basketball players on its roster next season to boot. Win. Win. Win. I think this all makes too much sense for all parties for it not to happen.

( Photo credit: Ferron Flavors Jr/Instagram )

Ferron Flavors is a great name.

I agree with whomever said he needs to wear number 31…

3 Likes

Different “flavors” of ice cream :joy:

2 Likes