Fiesta Bowl Rundown: What Mike Gundy Said in His First News Conference in Phoenix

Hey Joey how’d ur buddy leach do. Oh yea he lost. It’s funny he is ur favorite of all ur loser coaches. What’s that rant about 6 and 6. After 20 plus year u would think leach would have bad years like this. He got out coached by an enterm coach. The master mind scored 7 points against tech even gundy could manage 23.

1 Like

Do you know how many almost wins there was with Jimmy Johnson and Pat Jones but looking back now they keep showing up as loses.

1 Like

Joey, Do you eat laxatives for breakfast every morning? You come on this site every day and just start spewing schit everywhere without making sense. It’s amazing to me how much you dislike all things oSu.

3 Likes

Because we were missing two key players.

2 Likes

Baylor missing their key quarterback should have been a bigger problem for them than the two key players should have been for us.

2 Likes

But these guys, I evaluate them on if they do what we ask them to do and if they do it to the best of their ability.

Gundy’s quote… I have posted before that I tend not to give my personal opinion on coaching game to game on whether it is won or lost and several took exception with that. lol Seems our HCMG evaluates his players and coaches the same way. This approach is why I hope Gundy sticks around for the longest haul, but also why I want him to lose his conservative approach when an important game is hanging in the balance. I have often felt that our coach let that conservative thought process that is his ‘go to’ in critical situations keep him from the ‘best of his ability’.

GO POKES!! :cowboy_hat_face: :cowboy_hat_face:

2 Likes

You must not have watched the game…

2 Likes

I watched it. I watched our quarterback play like a freshman in his first start and a head coach and offensive coordinator do nothing to help him.

1 Like

Baylor doesn’t ask the qb to do much. They lost other qbs because of this guy. He will be their guy it’s not like Howard at ksu. And he must be good he threw 17 passes in a row, against Knowles defense.
The offense have a lot of experience on the Baylor team. So again jug ur just throwing chit out to see if it floats

1 Like

I didn’t ask about Leach. I asked who the last unit was on the field in our two losses? That’s okay though. We all know that deep down in that little heart of yours you know which unit it was.

You can still like all things OSU and not agree with a specific person leading that certain athletic program. People do it all the time with Boynton. I just think we should be a little further ahead than being satisfied with making any bowl game, and still creating shirts in the rare times we beat our rival. Also, if we had any kind of dignity we would give Army their national championship back as well. Even Pat Jones agrees.

1 Like

Joey do u real think when some of us question the ability of boynton to coach is the same as u and jug questioning Gundy’s. I remember all ur talk about boynton, I said let’s see him without cade.
U love to look at results that’s why u never can pick a good coach. U see one year and think their great or one stat. To be a good coach u need to repeat good results. I like how u say u can like osu but also rag on gundy plus other things
It’s not just gundy. This post is on about a natty. No reason to cry about even if u dnt like it. Just showing ur ess off

1 Like

I’m on the record saying if Boynton can’t get it figured out in the next couple of years he should get the boot. AR said the same thing.

Gundy isn’t the one facing an investigation by the NCAA or a post season ban either. Boynton won us our first tournament game in 12 years last year. If he continues to be mediocre then move on.

Kind of like how you think a great coach consists of one conference title in 17 years when he’s had four more chances to win one.

What about a natty? I think Gundy should focus on just trying to win another conference title first before even thinking about a natty. But we all know a bowl game is just good enough for him.

It’s really funny how u back track everything u say when like always go wrong. Campbell is down by 17 and ran the ball. So he has taken the most talented team to a 7 and 6 record. Boynton was ur favorite coach on campus. Why are u giving him two more years he had 5 already. That ban has not effected his team at all he has players.
When u actually can point out a good coach u can then will be taken seriously about what u say about gundy.

1 Like

Boynton is here until the scholarship issues are done I think. Once that’s over he will be gone if nothing improves significantly.

1 Like

Yea I think ur right. I hope he gets it together. But he has a few things he has to change.

I’ve no clue about Jimmy or Pat. What they did of didn’t do has no bearing on what took place in the game against Baylor.

Hell yea you watched the game. That last OSU drive was typical of a freshman playing his first game. LOL

1 Like

Joey has always suggested Matt Campbell is a better coach than Gundy. I wonder if he still feels that way or if he’s willing to admit he was wrong.

2 Likes

Yea I’ve kind of wondered about Boynton. He does seem to do a lot of things right and has had a lot of bad luck with things out of his control ever since he became HC that have prevented him from getting any traction as a coach. Now that all of those things are finally behind him, after this season, I guess we will see what he can produce and if he doesn’t how long will he last at head coach?

1 Like