Five Defining Plays from Oklahoma State's Win over Texas

Originally published at: https://pistolsfiringblog.com/five-defining-plays-from-oklahoma-states-win-over-texas/

Shocker: most of them are on defense.

If I was ranking these plays, the Pick 6 would be #1 and it wouldn’t be close. That changed the game. If he doesn’t pick it off and score, Texas probably goes in to score a TD. It’s 24-3 and the game is essentially over.

1 Like

This was such a big time win for the Pokes. Be interesting to rank monumental wins of the past decade. This one would be near the top of the list for me.

One thing that maybe underrated about this game was did we find ourselves a kicker? With all these close games it was nice to see some consistency in the kicking game.

As big of a win as that was, the game this week will be huge. Iowa State is looking good. If we can get a W in Ames then this team firmly plants themselves in the driver’s seat to play for a conference title. OSU would own the tie-breaker over all the top teams in the big 12 not named OU.

Is this maybe Gundy’s best coaching job of his career? I know many fans, myself included, were yelling at the TV when he was punting on 4th and short, but he keeps giving his team a chance to win. They say defense travels. It certainly traveled to Austin and will need to travel to Ames to keep the winning streak alive. I’m hopeful the offense will have a breakout game this week.

1 Like

The crazy thing is I have been thinking every week the next game is huge since we played Boise State. The next game will define our season. I’m hoping that we continue to improve and gel as rest of our games we have to be favored, except for that last one……

2 Likes

Like that was the first time u yelled at the tv during a osu game.:roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes::innocent::innocent::innocent::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

1 Like