Five Things to Know about OSU's Cheez-It Bowl against Miami

Originally published at: https://pistolsfiringblog.com/five-things-to-know-about-osus-cheez-it-bowl-against-miami/

On OSU’s short history with Miami and which team has historically stunk in bowl games.

1 Like

At least we are Bowling… Now all we have to do is wait for ar1 and joe15 to tell us how disappointed as fans we should be, because we have to settle for this bowl.

1 Like

At least we’re going to a bowl game…so is 2-8 South Carolina, 3-6 Arkansas and 3-7 Tennessee. In a year with so much promise some people are happy with a 7-3 record in which we beat 2 decent teams.

I couldn’t care less whether you are happy or disappointed. Anyone disappointed, just hasn’t been paying attention the last 7 years.

Please help me understand what has happened in the last 7 years?

For me it all starts with 2013 Bedlam, when the Sooners came to Stillwater with the 2nd best team in the State. We were heads and shoulders better on defense yet Bob Stoops threw everything at them from a fake field goal to a belldozer. Ou was down to their 3rd quarterback and Gundy got out coached in every faze of the game. Since then Gundy has been out coached by Bill Snyder at least half the games, Baylor and OU almost every game. The last 3 years he’s been out coached 2/3 of the time by Texas Tech and TCU. I’m not blaming Gundy for Sanders throwing so many interceptions but when is the last time you saw a OSU receiver wide open because they fooled the defense? That’s coaching. Or OU pulling the guards and running the ball 8 or 10 times in a row with Gundy having no clue how to stop it. That’s coaching. 7 straight years of trouble with the offensive line. Coaching.

1 Like

I agree completely agree with everything you just laid out. I was poking fun at the fans that are happy with a bowl appearance. As I said we beat 2 quality teams all season.

1 Like