Five Thoughts on Oklahoma State's 56-51 Loss against Texas

Originally published at: https://pistolsfiringblog.com/five-thoughts-on-oklahoma-states-56-51-loss-against-texas/

The Cowboys’ can’t kick their offensive struggles in Austin.

1 Like

It was a stellar first half after Texas went 13-0 on them. 16 unanswered points was impressive. They need to find the offense for sure.

1 Like

Time for Boynton to bring in a consultant for the offense. Pair of new eyes to spot what they are doing wrong.

2 Likes

Just need to get a shooter or 2 to space the floor. A reliable 38% 3 pt shooter would make the offense look ALOT different.

1 Like

What the hell is Anderson doing :roll_eyes::roll_eyes:. He scores 2 ■■■■ points ???

1 Like

Well in other news it looks like Derek Mason announced today he’s leaving Auburn.

In some ways, our basketball team reminds me of our football team – at least I enjoy watching our defense.

Offensively, we just aren’t efficient scorers. Ice doesn’t enough look like he’s interested in scoring.

Moncrieffe still looks out-of-control any time he has the ball.

1 Like

Some of my observations . . .

1. Is coach KeatOn Page being used as a shooting coach, both from the field and from the line. If not, why not?
  2. Bernard Kouma has shown he has the softest hands around the basket of all the big men. Why isn’t he playing any minutes?
  3. Moncrieffe has no business dribbling the ball. He should be played with his back to the basket at all times, when he is on the court. Coach B needs to start using the “Eddie Sutton Hook” to teach him discipline when he tries to bring the ball up the court, or when he drives to the basket and runs over a defender like a raging bull. If Eddie routinely gave the “hook” to Toney Allen, Boynton can confidently give the hook to any of his players who need to learn important lessons.
  4. Is Rob Glass involved with any strength training for the team? If not, why not. Our Bigs are mostly skin and bone with lack of strength against the opposition an apparent handicap.
3 Likes

I’m definitely wonder how much sutton and Paige are being used.
Moncrieffe needs to do laps 10 fold for every dribble.
Boynton needs to get tuffer. Eddie one year was out there with brooms beating the big guys up.
What is really going on with boone.
This offense he runs is great for nba but these kids get lost.

1 Like

Kind of like Sean Sutton? Makes a person wonder how Tech lost their “Head Coach” to Texas and the level of play at Tech didn’t fall but Texas hasn’t improved. Just saying…

1 Like

If Moncrieffe puts the ball on the floor he loses it 75% of the time.

1 Like

I think Beard is a Texas alum

1 Like

I agree he needs to eat some azz out to make them think instead of street ball. Have some consequences for the screwups

2 Likes

He is

1 Like

Eating asss out probably isn’t the best way to say it with how the term is used these days.

It’s a far place from what Eddie did to toughen up his boys

1 Like

I’m not saying not to chew some asss but wording it as eating asss out isn’t saying what I think you meant to say. It’s got a far different meaning than chewing someone’s asss out.

Think it was written into his contract with Tech

1 Like

I think you knew what I was talking about….why would I have to point out my meaning

1 Like

I knew what you were saying but you’d get some weird looks in public saying eating vs chewing with how it’s used now.

1 Like