Five Thoughts on Oklahoma State's 61-59 Victory over No. 12 Iowa State

Originally published at: https://pistolsfiringblog.com/five-thoughts-on-oklahoma-states-61-59-victory-over-no-12-iowa-state/

On the 3-ball, a big halftime adjustment and more.

1. Don’t inbound the ball in the goddamn corner.
1 Like

Twice in a row. Got lucky on the first one.

2 Likes

Sometimes it’s better to be lucky than good. I just want to play a complete game for once.

1 Like

We sure as hell deserve a little bit of luck. KenPom has us at 330/360 in luck.

The KenPom rankings right now for the Big 12:
9. Kansas
10. Texas
12. Iowa State
15. Baylor
18. TCU
26. Kansas State
27. West Virginia
34. Oklahoma State
40. Oklahoma
63. Texas Tech
Half of the conference is in the Top 20. That’s insane.

2 Likes

Last I saw all 10 big 12 teams were top 10 on remaining SOS too. Conference is insane. Just need coach Mike to get them to play some complete games.

2 Likes

What’s the magic number to have a chance at the tourney?

I believe a 7-11 big 12 record team made it last year but I think we probably need 8-10 maybe 9-9. The team f#cked around too much in the non con I think for 7-11.

1 Like

Ou osu girls game in norman drew 4 k more then our game here

Well we just beat ISU so what does that do to F*&*ing Ken Pom’s rankings.

2 Likes

With big guy out there we can hang with anybody in the country. He’s got to be healthy for this team to get pass the first round. When he’s on the quart team’s average in the 50’s ppg. Got to get more points on the board for sure.

Thank goodness for backboards, otherwise two of our made 3-pointers would’ve been air balls.

2 Likes

If they could just be more consistent with not as many droughts, and if Cisse stays healthy I think they could be okay. They’re literally going to need to win probably 7 of their next 12 games to just even be considered for a tournament appearance. Seven ranked teams in that stretch though. Easier said than done.

1 Like

Shouldnt we have depth. Next cowboy up.

2 Likes

Fouling has been a problem all season. Yesterday was the first game I can recall where OSU fouled less than their opponent – by a dramatic number.

Take away fouls and free throw attempts – OSU shot 16 more FTs than ISU – and there’s nothing in the box score that suggests OSU should’ve been even close in this game.

So, little victories…can turn into big wins.

2 Likes

So we’re not as good at the 5 position when Cisse is out with an injury…:thinking:

1 Like

And people tell me there is no luck in sports.:thinking::thinking::thinking::thinking::joy::joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

What depth? We’ve lost players to the portal and replaced them with G5 guys.

This is a basketball article. Were talking depth about bb
Stay on topic. Cry about that stuff on football, oh yea you do.

1 Like