Five Thoughts on Oklahoma State's 64-51 Victory against No. 14 Texas

Originally published at: https://pistolsfiringblog.com/five-thoughts-on-oklahoma-states-64-51-victory-against-no-14-texas/

On K3ylan, the reset and a long road trip.

1 Like

Love to see Key have a high volume night. I think they need to find more consistent minutes for him as a floor spacer.

2 Likes

Defense was outstanding to me. We still miss a lot of make able shots Lay ups especially. Defense will keep you in most games

1 Like

If we win the next three games I will gladly don my orange sunglasses and proclaim our basketball team totally rocks……

1 Like

The absence of any post here by LoganOSU is telling.

2 Likes

I was at the game and was glad to see they played a hard defense. Not mentioned in the article is oSu lead the game from wire to wire. Texas never caught up.

2 Likes

What does that have to do with anything? I got my thoughts out elsewhere.

This is the only way this team can win make it ugly.
Look at the first half of the ku game. Over 9 min ku didn’t score. Was it great d or ku was flat.
The last few wins is when a player gets hot. We need more consistent 3’s %. If these 5 are his starters they need to produce like starters and be more consistent.

For now it’s still no offensive plan and not developing players.

1 Like

Most complete game I have seen them play. Keep it up

Does anyone here who calls themself an oSu basketball fan not understand that oSu hoops is and for now will always be defensive oriented team first, they are not focused on 3s and is not their game plan. It is tired and lazy comentating. Shooting more 3s does not mean they are going to win more games. Stop with the 3 this and 3 that. THAT IS NOT THE PHILOSOPHY OF THIS TEAM FOR THIS CURRENT COACHING STAFF NOR HAS IT BEEN DATING BACK TO SUTTON AND IBA.

I think ur as confused as the rest of us.
I never said anything about shooting more 3’s as bad as they are at it they need to shoot less.
But saying that a team is not a 3 point shoot team is far from truth. 18/ game over 33% of the their shots.
If the make more would help but shooting more for this team is bad. The open 3’s need to be made.

1 Like

@robert28 if you were thinking, you wouldnt of thought that

I have no idea what ur trying to say there.

I would say 18 is pretty close to what osu has averaged per game since the 3 pointer started.
That is 33% of their shots. But under 25% of our offense production.
So either shoot better or less.

It still reloves around this offense. It’s a playground offense. They also can get any assist in this offense.
U should understand passing the ball create better opportunities then dribbling.

1 Like