Five Thoughts on Oklahoma State's 66-62 Overtime Loss to Oklahoma

Joe is tearing you up so you should just stop embarrassing yourself

2 Likes

No, heā€™s not. Robertā€™s right. You canā€™t play a guy more minutes if heā€™s in foul trouble.

Weā€™re stuck with him. We just put him on a large, long contract. The buyout is too steep. Itā€™s a nightmare that we keep doing this.

1 Like

Boon is as hot and cold as Anderson. Thatā€™s the problem with this team is nobody has any consistency in their game. Not really hot and cold game.

1 Like

Woody Newton not scoring lately, yet the other Boone is on the bench. No wonder games are going into OT. Bryce Williams, I assume, is underperforming because of his ankle injury. I look at the guys on this team and I see how each one plays hot and cold, the lack of consistency that has been mentioned. That makes me wonder about the coaching; or does it once again go back to the fact that they have nothing to play for because of no post season. Therefore, it is really hard for them to play at their full potential each game. Just cannot get up for it at times. But if this inconsistent play continues thru next season, then I probably would suspect it could be the coaching, or lack thereof. Just one big mystery, so take your pick why the team sucks this season. We have a really nice guy who is head coach, but he came with no head coaching experience landing in the toughest conference for basketball. Interesting hire, coach Holder.

Anderson is hot and cold. The boone boys are on the bench. I dnt see them coming back next year.
Look at last year beside cade big boone was the most consistent. And when they actually run a high low, boone scores.
Joey love for ur circle buddy nice. I wonā€™t hold it against you.

1 Like

Yep!!! He scored more than the guy youā€™ve been demanding gets more minutes (0 points) and his offensive game hasnā€™t improved in four years.

Hey Iā€™m just saying Robert is trying to saying Kalib Boone should get more minutes. Even though he didnā€™t score a single point when he was in.

I just love how 62% of the teams in football can make a bowl game in the post season compared to 19% of the teams in basketball making the NCAA tournament and nobody seems to think this is important to remember.

Your opening statement is that Cisse needed more minutes. He literally fouled out. He played as many minutes as he could.

1 Like

I said before the season that OSU literally had too much depth. Knew it was going to be a challenge to get playing time and consistency. Lots of athletes and defendersā€¦but not a lot of scorers.

I wouldnā€™t be surprised if Boone brothers left. Same with Donovan and Kouma.

By the way, why no story on the ā€œUBUNTUā€ shirts yet?

1 Like

What Baffles me is that boynton will punish a kid for being late but not for selfish plays on the court. You donā€™t pass the ball, you take bad shots, and youā€™re not in the right spot on defense and he will let you be out there all game. You are late to the bus and you lose minutes. Whatā€™s hurting the team worse :thinking:.
Cisse and Boone should both be starting together but whatā€™s the point when you have selfish guard play where the ball doesnā€™t run through the low post. We are a bad 3 point shooting team and yet every game not only do we shoot a lot of 3ā€™s but they are mostly bad shots.
To have a losing season with the talent thatā€™s on this roster is just pitiful. OU is a terrible team and we just lost to them.

1 Like

Of course another answer that deflectsfrom the original comment I made. Beautiful

Joe like always u get some stupid idea a double down.
How many assist did we have how many 3ā€™s did they shoot.
Iā€™m happy that cicce is final scoring some. Boone already knows how to score. Boynton has wasted boone. Go do points per minute. How many games has boone played that were less then 10 minutes. I dnt know what boone did but not even playing boone in games is asking for trouble.
Ur the one who takes about ft. Cicce has made improvements. But, at best he is a 60% ft shooter.
Really personal I would like both them to play at the same more.
When the offense runs through the low post we do better. And, r rebounds are killing us.

So you think 22 minutes out of 45 is playing as many as he could? Surely Boone couldā€™ve saved the day, right?

They did during the last Bedlam game and it helped a lot. This I can get on board with actually.

Unlike u we will in reality. 22 minutes was all he could have played. If not set down ou could have went after him to get his 5th sooner. So yes 22 minutes was his max.

This is funny I said this before but u could agree then.

I never said itā€™s terrible to go 8-5 in football. All I said is the barometer for football should consistently be above that. Why do we have to wait 10 years before winning something of significance? If you donā€™t believe me go ask Pat Jones. He says we should be way past the ā€œMake any bowl game and be happyā€ point.

Itā€™s better than Iceā€™s free throw percentage. The guy that you think should be on the floor at all times.