Five Thoughts on Oklahoma State's 70-62 Victory against Marquette

We don’t gather the stars because the Eddie Sutton era did not last long enough to turn OSU once again into a nationally recognized power house like they were in the 1940’s. That’s why this season is so important when we have a once in a lifetime player like Cade Cunningham. We can’t keep him long enough but hopefully his performance lands us some big recruits who now see oSu differently. I hope that Likely returns next season, I think it would improve his draft status if he could be the star of the team like he was last year until falling ill. So when fans say that Boynton has not proved himself yet I wonder what last year’s team would have accomplished with a healthy Ice? Then you parlay that into this season having the number 4 recruiting class in the nation and people might be thinking differently about Boyton.

1 Like

All I said is that 42% from the field isn’t great but it’s not terrible. I never once said anything about this team HAS to have 50% shooting or said 50% shooting wasn’t great. I never said 18 turnovers was okay. In fact, all I said is that it’s not good but it’s only their 3rd game. You were so anxious to reply to me that you didn’t even bother reading what I put.

Actually I was just stating my opinions. Regardless of what u rite.

Then say your opinion on the forum. When you hit the reply button on my comment it implies that you think I’m wrong or you have a reverse opinion.

Well I have not seen u rite so u can take the reverse meaning of that.

Remember last yr we started 7 wins I thought some were good too. Marquette got no votes so how good of a win is it. Yes it’s a osu good road win for a young team

Ice will be a 4 yr guy and in my opinion never plays in the NBA. He can play overseas and make some money.

Some players believe their hype. But if ice raise 3pt shooting by 15% and ft a lil more . He will go

More than likely it’s a better win that UT-Arlington or Texas Southern. Marquette has a pretty good basketball history though. So it’s a step in the right direction.

He’s a Lebryan Nash type player. He’ll contribute and be a decent college player, but I doubt he’s good enough to play in the NBA. Then again he’s got a little more time to develop.

If Walker does 30 more games like the last 2 he may be gone too. That ut Arlington may be a good win too.

You obviously are confused. Last year’s OSU team split with OU (beat the Gooners by 17 in Gallagher) and split with TTech (beat the #24 ranked Red Raiders in Gallagher). They also won 5 of their last 6 games, once Likekele was fully recovered from mono. Prior to his bout with mono, they won their first 7 games of the season, including blowouts of Syracuse and Ole Miss in Madison Square Garden.
Know your facts before you spout off about how bad your school’s hoops team was. Also, would love to see you tell McGriff, Anei or Waters to their face that you thought they were slugs.

1 Like

Again, showing off your ignorance about basketball. Barring injury, Likekele will no doubt play in the NBA. His game is very similar to that of Patrick Beverly. You don’t understand hoops so you won’t realize this, but tall, defensive minded guards are in huge demand in the NBA.

1 Like

I have know Idea what offence they run. Beside throw around or throw inside then when time runs out drive or shoot 3. They add how lil motin or runs it’s basically nba. Who has the ball last shot.

Ice’s holdback is perimeter shooting. He’s upped that this year so far, albeit in a small sample size. You’re not giving him enough credit, he was recognized as the captain of the US U19 Olympic team. He’s also one of the league’s best defenders and distributors. His shooting is what’s hold him back, but if he continues to shoot the way he has been, he’ll land on an NBA roster somewhere. Good thing NBA scouts do not think like you at all.

I see what you’re attempting to say, but the “they could not stay in front of me” comment has me laughing. I’m sure trey reeves would skunk you in 1-on-1.

1 Like

He has 5 3’s shot. Real small. With most his offense driving to the hoop making more ft would be good too

Again if you knuckleheads thing a guy who is 6’4 and is a poor shooter is going to play in the NBA your freaking clueless. If he was 6’7 like Andre Roberson and a defensive stopper then maybe I could see it. If he improves his shot and can hit it with some consistency then he might get a shot in the G-League. Comparing him to Patrick Beverly is just ridiculous.

Well, considering they just beat #4 Wisconsin, I’d say it was a good win.

1 Like

That’s great for sos and rpi. But we didnt beat the # 4 team.