Fix, Plott Make Quarterfinals of NCAA Tournament, 7 Cowboys Move to Day 2

Originally published at: https://pistolsfiringblog.com/fix-plott-make-quarterfinals-of-ncaa-tournament-7-cowboys-move-to-day-2/

Fix and Plott are in contention for individual crowns.

1 Like

Good stuff here…

Just saw Dustin Plott in the quarter finals against Massa of Michigan prove my point. Cowboy wrestlers, for the most part, with some exceptions, are not as strong as the better competitors. Plott was out muscled against Massa. I think that is why we have been seeing so many Cowboys having trouble escaping from bottom. Plott also looked out of gas early on in the match today. He missed a take down because he was not quick enough as Massa was fleeing from him. Plott was not quick enough to grab the ankles for an easy take down.
But kudos to injured Sheets for such a close match against someone like Carr. I think Carr is deflated due to being upset yesterday.
Totally because of injuries, and for no other reason, this is the worse Cowboy NCAA tournament that I have followed in the past 56 years. Looks like we probably will not even make the top ten. Could be a record low for OSU wrestling.