Football 2020 Season II

A continuation of the previous thread. I’ll kick it off:

19 Likes

Early October and we’re 3-0 with a win against Tulsa who just beat the #11 team in the country and OU is 1-2

Hooray!

10 Likes

I think we’re in a prime position to seize the mantle as the top team in the Big 12. Don’t eff it up, Gundy! :blush:

2 Likes

It doesn’t need to be seized, it’s already ours. As the only undefeated team left it’s an absolute. Just keep winning.

2 Likes

AdamM! Been lurking in the shadows?

4 Likes

You know it!
U6vfWQCgcGcYXf7ThH
weird GIF tribute to @TheHeadChimp

3 Likes

Oh ■■■■, a visit from La Guarimba!

@AdamM

TCU on 12/5 is the toughest game on our schedule currently, in my opinion.

Ok, so this is annoying:

https://es.pn/36yx63U (ESPN power rankings)

I know that the Big 10 and Pac 12 will eventually play. But with a lot of teams having already 2-3 games, it’s kinda absurd to include those teams until they’ve played. Ohio State at #2? C’mon. Oregon at #11?

4 Likes

It’s dumb. It’s like they’re mixing preseason rankings with the regular ones

2 Likes

I think these Big 10 and PAC 12 teams will look severely out of condition for a while. It’s going to be a mess.

2 Likes

I’d also like to point out in the espn power rankings, we’re really #8 since PSU and one of many tosu’s haven’t played a ■■■■ thing.

3 Likes

https://www.usatoday.com/sports/ncaaf/polls/amway-coaches-poll/2020-2021/2020-10-04/
We are #10 in the Coaches Poll and OU is unranked!
Anyone know when the AP comes out?

1 Like

Should be this afternoon!

1 Like

Lots of media outlets saying the B12 is toast. Looks like we could possibly go undefeated and still not make the CFP this year because the conference is so bad. Wouldn’t that be the most OSU thing ever…

1 Like

I’d also like to point out after 3 games, our defense has allowed 7/43 3rd down conversions. That’s 16.2%. Last year we allowed what, 48%?

Edit: Teamrankings has us at 16.67%, so it may be 7/42. Also that makes us #1 in the COUNTRY. We allowed 40.57%.
Keep in mind that Tulsa, KU, and WVU are near the bottom of conversion in the country. KU and Tulsa are in the bottom 5, and WVU is in the bottom 15.

6 Likes

That’s a huge improvement.

3 Likes

Yes, but in true OSU fashion, it would lead to the expansion of the CFB playoffs. Good for the sport, but we would get no benefit from it.

4 Likes