Football 2021 Offseason Thread

Let’s get this started. Anyone know when we’ll get a schedule?

1 Like

Tay Martin stated he is coming back.

8 Likes

That is huge if true. That would be another question Mark position getting a talented guy back.

That’s big time. WR could be good next year, but it’ll be interesting who emerges as the go-to guy. Marring and BP would be my two guesses at this point.

Where was Braydon Johnson today…or this whole season?

I was going to ask the same question. Was he even on the field tonight?

He was in during the 2nd half when I noticed Tylan hadn’t seen the field. Towards the latter half of the game they ran Stoner at the X and Martin at the Z

Since we’re here, I’m excited for what the WRs look like next year. Okstate heavily used Stoner, Wallace, and Wolf all season (with Martin getting some of the reps). With 3 of them gone, looking forward to see who they use.

Martin and Presley are probably locks. Excited to hopefully finally see Jonathan Shepherd and Langston Anderson. Also Rashod Owens and Matt Polk look promising.

1 Like

Langston Anderson is still the GOAT.

7 Likes

Honestly pretty excited for offense next year. Sanders has been getting better and with Tylan, Chuba, and Stoner moving on hopefully we get less predictable and spread the ball out more. Also the Green twins plus Presley should be fun.

We are going to be sneaky good next year. That defensive line looking goooood.

4 Likes

With Ehlinger out at Texas I hope all of those guys with ice cold takes about Tylan keep the same energy

I agree. I don’t see us taking a step back on offense in any position other than WR and particularly just replacing Wallace. He bailed us out a lot. One defense… I’m concerned about cornerback.

Our true freshman had great man coverage in the second half.

3 Likes

How does the DL look goooood? They don’t generate much pressure and are so so against the run. Hopefully Ford comes back healthy, but to me the DL was decent, but not great. There isn’t a “dude” amongst them.

They are all coming back from a season where we ranked 14 in SP+. We have a legitimate 2 deep there.

7 Likes

Trace Ford, assuming he’s healthy, is very much a dude. Collin Clay should be healthy to play. Brock Martin has been impressive. the cornerbacks are the biggest question mark next year on defense.

6 Likes

I’m pretty pumped at the idea that I’ll be at BPS in September without a mask and tailgaters all around me.

1 Like

Brock Martin, I don’t see that. Trace Ford is good for a big play here or there, but disappears for long stretches. Collin Clay, have no idea if he will be really good but he should at least be good depth. The DL isn’t a weakness by any stretch, but saying they will be very good is also a stretch. There isn’t a dominate dude in the bunch. Do agree that CB is the biggest remaining issue.

1 Like

He disappears because Brock Martin has taken playing time from him.