Football Recruiting Thread

With the exception of when Pendleton went on FRL, I stopped listening when he took a shot at Nolan Boyd for no reason. Can’t stand that guy. And would be happy to tell him to his face.

3 Likes

Hehehe I’d pay to see that

2 Likes

This is a serious question that I would email you but figured people would enjoy us talking it out in public. How fastidious are you about this 247 vs. composite thing? We’ve been consistent about using the composite on both the basketball and football side, but I see the Washington stuff and I see the Moncrieffe stuff and I might be starting to sway a bit. Do other sites use 247 exclusively? While I’ve always thought 247 was the most comprehensive, I kind of like the idea of wisdom of the crowd over even the best evaluation, but I think I could be talked to either side right now.

5 Likes

What did he say about Boyd?

Thanks Jesse!!

This opinion is mainly slanted towards football btw, I think it’s easier to half a$$ it in basketball recruiting because there are less players to scout. Especially since we are talking about players that are times ranked 600-700+. However, the logic applies to both sports.

I’ve been a Rivals ultimate ticket subscriber for 20 years. (and running) I could probably send my son to SMU if I would’ve never spent a dollar on Rivals. So it’s been interesting to see the recruiting powers shift around, back in the early days Scout, Rivals and ESPN were the players. Obviously a lot has changed since then.

My main issue with the 247 composite is involving ESPN. They’ve always been in 3rd place (before behind Rivals/Scout and now behind 247/Rivals), the biggest difference is maybe 3-4 years ago they decided to stop investing in their recruiting department and got rid of a lot of people or reassigned them elsewhere. Where you really see the difference is outside of the top 250-300 players. ESPN basically offers no good analysis outside of that group. Other than Gerry Hamilton and Tom Luginbill, the department basically is a shell of its former self.

ESPN is the boat anchor of the composite rankings.247 is solid. They have some really really smart people on their staff, and continue to improve their team and product.

9 Likes

Here is another one to watch. It’s my opinion that LA is going to be bigtime. 247 was really high on him, 95 rating and top 100 recruit. Composite is much lower.

8 Likes

Was there a time given today for the Collin Oliver announcement?

It is tomorrow, and I have not seen a time.

My bad, yes for tomorrow. But thanks I’ll try to look around and see on Twitter maybe

It was interesting to see that only one of our transfer outs received a new grade, Grayson Boomer dropped from a .917/ 4 star to a .85/ 3 star.

2 Likes

2pm tomorrow

1 Like

His ranking spiked when Robert Allen gave him a five star rating and the thirteenth best prospect in the nation. He still had a good ranking but I think there is some bias towards it.

https://247sports.com/UserRanking/Robert-Allen196-9223/UserPlayerRankings/

Speaking of transfers, I’m hearing that CJ Moore was planning on going to Mississippi State but that was before the Covid stuff hit.

2 Likes

hmm…

Sure doesn’t sound like your feud is done with those ‘can’t help yourself subtweets.’

7 Likes

good god, what an awful list.

1 Like

I don’t understand what your driving at, but I really don’t care regardless. I dont tweet.

Sneaked Glass in there though!

1 Like

Two uses of the word fastidious here in the past few hours. What, is this site becoming the ‘finer things’ club?

edit : Watched this one last night, that’s why it was on my mind. GREAT episode.

4 Likes