Football Recruiting Thread

Whoa. you completely lost me here…IF and its a big IF we recruited at a level remotely close to top 14 in the country, I for one would be estatic. Helmet stickers are a factor absolutely but we are consistently recruiting at the 35-45 level, not the top 20 level and there are not 40 helmet stickers that are better than ours. Recruit in the top 20 and I am pretty comfortable that this issue goes away

6 Likes

I stand corrected :man_shrugging:t3:. I just remembered watching them and not being overly impressed.

1 Like

Wasn’t there a story several years ago where a Tulsa writer had a AP vote and gave it up after a couple seasons, because he don’t want to be associated with that? If I remember correctly, he said only about half of the voters actually paid attention to football and the other half were just voting based on “helmet stickers.”
I couldn’t find anything to substantiate this. I’m going on memory alone, which has been known to fail me before. Hoping someone here would remember the story.

This is where you get into nicer areas to be on campus i.e. being in Salt Lake City or other schools that dont have in state rivals like Wisconsin and Minnesota.

Edit: I’m also in the camp that thinks Gundy performed well in getting us a bunch of wins but has under capitalized on leveraging them in recruiting.

1 Like

Kyle Trask transformed that offense. Franks was holding it back.

1 Like

@kyleporterCBS, @ar1 on the free side of the forum is most assuredly a troll.

Just from here all the way to the first comment on the story about Braxton Myers is him doing classic internet troll things. It’s 100% a negative reflection of the board and of OSU, and he will probably create another account as soon as y’all ban him, but it really needs to happen.

7 Likes

He was in the PFB+ not sure if he still is or not.

Well he can read about it and weigh in here too. I don’t care. He is what he is.

1 Like

Ar1 doesn’t have the ‘Plus’ badge so I’d imagine that he doesn’t have access to PFB+. I’m with you, though, Lee. There’s being an asshole in a way that bothers people but has no effect on the program itself and then there’s being an asshole in a way that could negatively affect OSU. One is obnoxious but manageable, while one is untenable and should be skipped past the warning/24 hour ban/48 hour ban/full ban cycle and be told to GTFO permanently.

I was just looking at some of his other comments and looks like he posted something in the “you’re the worst” thread back in February.

Fair enough. He may have decided to cheap out and just be a prick in the public board, which is a worse place to do it since anyone can see it.

1 Like

Yeah I don’t want there to be an illusion that I’m hiding from him or anything.

True! I mean at least if we’re being pricks we paid for that privilege!

2 Likes

Lee is doing work over there and u guys need to all jump in.

I’ve danced with ar1 before. He’s literally too stupid to insult. I mean, in his anti-Gundy thread, he literally admitted to drinking paint then tried to walk it back as ‘joking’. I am not being hyperbolic. That actually happened.

Especially u. U like big words. Drown him with your big words

7 Likes

:joy: That may be my favorite thing said on this site behind ‘Cade is coming to OSU’.

2 Likes

Kyle needs to take down the public boards. Bobby Axelrod would judge the risk to reward criteria

2 Likes

I have to wear a mask when I visit that board

6 Likes

We get it, your liquor cabinet is impressive.

24 Likes