Football Recruiting Thread

Is this accurate?? 6’6, 229! :heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

1 Like

I think he was out of shape. I think he is more 6’5 215-220.

The DeSoto, Texas, native played in 19 games during his LSU career, finishing with 27 receptions, 392 yards and one touchdown. He did not play for the national champion LSU Tigers this season after head coach announced Anderson was suspended in fall camp due to a conditioning issue.

This was from the 247 article

Coach O’s favorite explanation for a suspension is “a conditioning issue”.

10 Likes

Impressive of Gundy to bring in a guy who comes up short on his conditioning, may not fit the Cowboy Culture.

But in seriousness was it actually that or was it something else?

3 Likes

I was honestly just joking, but I did hear some things on Tiger Droppings about some disciplinary issues he had in high school, but that doesn’t mean much, and that he had some rumored disagreements with the coaching staff at times.

That’s just stuff on a blog though, and we all know blogs suck.

7 Likes

And by “hear” I meant “read”.

3 Likes

I was impressed at your ability at first, but now I see your JustDustin.

1 Like

Got to say this is the best board for discussing recruiting. I’ve been on them all, and left them all. Solid discussion and back and forth. For the most part people have good input on either side of the equation, with only a few posters who are delusional. Not a lot of vitriol to boot. Good stuff. Love the board and love the site and it’s contributions and honest reporting.

9 Likes

Amazing that, out of yours and Helping Hand’s feud…you’re still standing.

5 Likes

My feud with HH is done. I’m not here for any sort of status. I’m here for truthful conversation, period. I’m nobody. Just a fan. I can take the heat while expressing my honest opinion, and won’t disappear at the hint of ridicule.

3 Likes
5 Likes

I don’t think a recruit committing to OSU automatically gets them a slight bump. But in the case of Ray Gay, I do think they’ll bump him — simply because he wasn’t ranked at all. It wasn’t as if 247 had evaluated him and rated him a no star — they just hadn’t evaluated him.

I know a few of the main guys at 247 who hand out ratings and do the chunk of evaluating and they always say that if they haven’t seen a player specifically they won’t hand out a ranking. Period. Which is why I trust 247 more than Rivals, ESPN, etc. Of course, 247 can’t see every player so they have to rely on regional scouts but it’s a decently reliable system.

8 Likes

Well I guess we will agree to disagree that he is a massive project. I tend to think with his athleticism and speed, as well as some previous knowledge and experience at DB he is just a small project that likely can be taken care of in a redshirt year. If the talent is there then you just have to teach the technique.

2 Likes

Psycho I think you nailed it. Kid has all the tools, if he’s coach able, which he appears to be, he’s well worth the risk. Great speed, flexible hips, understanding routes, because he played the position. I’ll take that. The thing that’s hard to gauge is how physical he will play. Calling coach Glass.

4 Likes

I think something that we miss a lot is that these guys don’t need to be starting as true or redshirt freshmen. If it takes until their junior year to start seeing time, that’s not a bad thing.

6 Likes

But if not everyone starts after 3 weeks on campus we failed at recruiting! MOAR 5 stars! /s

6 Likes

Glad you could take some time off from going at Ben Askren on Twitter and come join our party. You’re quite the multitasker. :joy:

1 Like

Not unexpected, but four-star Class of 2021 DE Landyn Watson cut OSU from consideration last night. OSU was one of his first offers in 2018.

Only on the 247 Composite though. Which proves the point even further. 247 was late on his evaluation, but realized their mistake and graded him as 4 star prior to his senior year.