Football Recruiting Thread

2022 linebacker commit Gabe Brown was offered by Baylor, and based off the things he’s saying about them, they’re definitely going to get a look.

I don’t know why you would look at Baylor over osu right now. Aranda is unproven and they weren’t even competitive last year. This is where Gundy’s longevity both helps you and hurts you. He’s not going anywhere so a player knows what they are gonna get, but they also know what they are gonna get. I talked to an osu player who signed with Osu because of the history of the coaching staff. Since he came to osu, the other schools in his top three have both went through coaching changes.

1 Like

So is everyone else when they come. We were his only offer, things change when others come calling.

Well, if you live somewhere like Nacogdoches, TX and weren’t recruited by LSU, UT, or A&M. Waco is only 158 miles away. Stillwater is 428. Let’s even say you are from Denton. That’s still 125 miles for Waco and 229 for Stillwater. Makes a big difference for families coming to games given early and late games.

None of the above deals with coaching stability, etc. You get to play the same teams for the most part. The recruiting world is crazy. Glad I don’t have to do it!

1 Like

Isn’t he at Stillwater High?

5 Likes

Meanwhile places like Nac are 143 miles from U of Houston. If Waco doesn’t suit you and you aren’t Texas or A&M grade (Top 10-20 class-wise) it’s definitely something to consider.

1 Like

I was just generalizing, not referring to any specific recruit. My fault for not following the thread carefully enough.

1 Like

Interesting hand sign from Rangel here
8 Likes

Stone carvers are going to have to work extra hard on that graphic in this week’s weather.

9 Likes

That’s the guns up sign… :slight_smile: :rofl:

:joy::joy:

1 Like

1 Like

Heck at this point they may be shifting to an ice sculpture.

I feel like the ice would’ve melted by now. Probably building it in MS Paint with the airbrush using a mouse with a ball in it :joy:

Stone may be a bit brittle in this weather but ice is going to last at least for a week now.

It’s 60 degrees in NTX so I didn’t have the context lol

1 Like

That’s going to change soon.

1 Like

Yea this weekend looks balmy :cold_face:

Did that guy who was waiting on his commitment video ever commit?

Friday supposedly.

1 Like