Forum thread structure

Is is just me or would others prefer if the thread posts were listed from most recent (at the top) to the oldest, rather than how they currently are listed?

I find it somewhat annoying to have to scroll through mountains of previous posts, if I haven’t checked a particular thread in a while.

Personally, I would prefer to see the latest comments first and work my way back as far as I deem desirable.

1 Like

I disagree. I think it’s more natural reading top to bottom. Especially with the way post replies work on this platform

Edit: there is a scroll bar you can click and drag on desktop on each thread. it has the number of posts shown as well. Just to the right of the thread. Its faster dragging that down than scrolling

3 Likes

Just go all the way to the bottom and work your way up…

I’m with you because of the way the forums work now you have to scroll and scroll and scroll. I’m generally more interested in the latest comments because of lack of time.

Also, while we are on this topic, am I the only one who would like a link at the bottom of articles to the corresponding thread? I’m really hating on this setup and think KP needs to rethink this arrangement. My take is that the heavy commentators that have the time will like this new setup but folks like me will just drift away. Maybe that is OK and is the intention but makes me sad as I’m enjoying PFB much less now.

2 Likes

They’ve gotten that complaint from many people and are considering it. Also looking at having the comments from the Chamber posted under the articles on PFB

That is my point, I detest the scrolling. Just me though, not throwing down a spear.

I know, and understand. The other option I noted in my earlier post would help you avoid scrolling with your mouse or if you’re on mobile there is a similar function. If you click on the number of posts at the bottom of the screen it brings up a bar you can pull down to the bottom. So no scrolling required.

I get it and I appreciate the suggestions. However, it’s kind of like reading or watching the News, give me the newest news first, not last week’s or last month’s.

Probably more of an issue with people like me who may be indisposed for a couple days or even a week at a time. Additionally, there are threads that I don’t follow on a regular basis but, because of some late-breaking news or developments, I want to check in to see the latest and have to “search” for it, as opposed to it being front-and-center at the top of the post.

Yea, I sent KP a rather long email stating my concerns and he said they were looking into it. Glad that is happening. If the intent is to stop the usetobeacowboyfan types and grow paying contributors they should just make the site 100% paid. I’m willing to pay for the content but I’m not willing to pay for this forum situation as it is currently structured. Just an opinion from a longtime supporter.

1 Like

“am I the only one who would like a link at the bottom of articles to the corresponding thread?” Great idea. KP, make it so!

1 Like