Four-Star Receiver Brenen Thompson Set to Announce Commitment Wednesday

We have that QB on the bench now, but I do agree we need another one in this class.

The play calling helped that back then. For some reason we’ve gotten away from the slants and post routes (to occupy LB and S). This allows a pre-snap read for a good game managing QB.

I can’t think of a true dual threat QB that has led his team to a title. Pro-style QBs (with a good brain) usually win out (in the right system).

The committed QB, Rangel, is already back and playing his high school season.

2 Likes

And playing well apparently: Biggest star: Lone Star’s Jeanty scores six TDs Lone Star’s rout of Reedy | Sports | starlocalmedia.com

2 Likes

Braylin Presley most definitely is going to be a receiver at the college level. He’s too small to be an every down RB and you want that kid on the field as much as possible!

Gunner’s NOT mobile either. We need more dual threat guys but Gumby doesn’t seem to be into those type of QBs. Better have a dang good O-line if dude’s only going to pass and hand off. Don’t think it’s gonna work out too well.

Weeden was not really a game-manager. Yes, he could change plays at the line based on what the defense presented, but The dude racked up God knows how many records at Oklahoma State. Ironically, the only game in 2011 where he did not complete a TD pass was Bedlam, as Gundy knew he could run roughshod over the Goons with Smith and Randle. Fast forward to the Fiesta Bowl…B-Weeds throws for 399 and 3 TDs. Statistically for one night at least, he was better than the #1 pick in the draft. And that was a nailbiter where he flat out HAD to make plays! So…not really a game-manager. Just my opinion.

Famous Jameis has a Natty.

But Weeden could throw darts to his receivers !! That was a great Oline too. Didn’t allow I think but 13 sacks. Read defenses well