Game Thread: Iowa State 🏀

Pokes by 20

10 Likes

MY MAN

3 Likes

Can’t wait to be there! Let’s fill it the hell up!

4 Likes

See ya there

2 Likes

Huge game on Saturday for tournament chances.

4 Likes

What time is the game?

2 Likes

1p

2 Likes

Way too soon. I’m still celebrating a Bedlam blowout! :grin:

1 Like

Hype thread

2 Likes

13k on Saturday?

2 Likes

Closer to 8k if we’re being realistic.

If we manage to get a winning streak going I could see all 13k seats filled for Kansas on Valentine’s Day.

4 Likes

13k pumped home fans in GIA is honestly one of the most special experiences in sports.

4 Likes

Sold GIA is something special and not much can compare to it. The only thing for me that has come close is KD game winner in game one against the mavs and the first tee of the Ryder Cup in 2016, but I’d still give it to sold out GIA.

1 Like

I will always bring this moment up. Loudest single moment I’ve ever experienced.

Game wise KC Houston playoff game at arrowhead their super bowl season was loudest for me, and then probably all 8 of the others in my top 10 are all at GIA. People think BPS can get loud… It can, but it does not hold a candle to GIA.

2 Likes

Always love watching this. Loudest I’ve ever heard any NBA game, EVER

1 Like

I remember when they called that foul you could literally feel the pressure letting off your head from the noise dying down. Always love how the commentators just stopped talking and let it ride.

2 Likes

Opening game against Cincinnati, 2001. GIA wasn’t sold out, but it was fun nonetheless. That was my first game in there as a fan, not as a ticket ripper.

I feel like we always lose to Iowa State. Haven’t watched them, but stats make them seem very guard heavy. Good perimeter defense and take advantage with our bigs. At home. We got a shot.

Would be a massive win and really head to hold serve at home.

I thought this too but checked, we’ve won 5 of 6 vs them. They were the team where we set the B12 record for points allowed in a game last year. Held em to 36 at Hilton.

3 Likes

Could be the Ford era burned into my brain.

4 Likes