Game Thread: Kansas 🏈

KU embarrassed us too. Like Sherlock said as well, being a home dog to KU doesnt sit right.

2 Likes

I’m still going Kansas but more confident than I was heading into the past Friday.

3 Likes

We have a 1 game win streak, a 2:30 home game, and tentative forecast of sunny and 68 degrees. I’m going Pokes by 6.

7 Likes

Probably how Nebraska felt before we boat-raced them in Lincoln 45-14.

3 Likes

One of the best days of my life. Seeing Nebraska fans sad was a sight to behold as they witnessed their program regressing into garbage (and they had no idea how long it would last).

6 Likes

Yeah, I will forever wish Nebraska had stayed around. We owe them several beatings. Weeden and Co. would have done NSFW things to the “Black Skirts” defense. :joy:

3 Likes

Didn’t they beat us in Stillwater after that? Taylor Martinez made us his biotch.

2 Likes

Yeah, exactly what I wish would have happened to OU after Lincoln left. But no. :smiling_face_with_tear:

1 Like

Nebraska used to have a really good fan base, pretty much under Osborne during my memory range. Emphasis added on “used to have”

It wasn’t a total beatdown. They had a chance. They were determined to keep him from beating them with his legs, so instead he beat them through the air.

3 Likes

Yeah the O kept it close but I just remember every time we had a chance to take the lead he kept answering over and over again.

1 Like

Offensive plan: If Daniels is not playing, stop Devin Neal. Dude is stud muffin. ( We should have got him Gundy)

Defensive plan: Give up no sacks and TFL.

Do this we can win the game by 3

If we play that well we’ll win by more than 3

1 Like

I’m baking in some miss tackles by our defense, some whiffs by our Oline.

No way we play a clean game with how “Good” our Oline coaching is.

And Kansas has other good RB/Bean who can run too. And our WRs still have drop issues. (Bray drop, Owens dropped that TD)

So by controlling only Neal and pass protecting QB, we can only win by a score. Lol

Why? They have super nice fans.

1 Like

They still do from my experiences.

Ah, that game…I was actually in Lincoln for a wedding. The fact they let a running QB go nuts through the air was weird.

2 Likes

To some extent I agree because there’s still some of that fan base around. But I’ve learned from some Husker alums that a lot of the newer generation of fans just aren’t quite the same, and the couple of times I went up there in recent years I can see their point. I’m not saying it’s terrible or it’s a complete 180, but certainly a noticeable change.

2 Likes

He also had 112 rushing yards too so not like we slowed him down any there either. Lol

1 Like

I went to use the restroom and Howard broke off that long run. My friends banned me from leaving when Kansas State had the ball after that.

4 Likes