Game Thread: Kansas 🏈

I think we did a much better job against the run versus KSU… and getting to the QB so maybe Nardo’s scheme is finally starting to work for us. I trust our D wayyyyyyyyyy more than I trust our O

2 Likes

It was just weird. I remember the run-up to that game, and we were a slight underdog(?). I can’t quite recall. But we were pretty even all things considered. Thought Martinez wouldn’t do anything. Pretty sure that game was by far his best passing performance of his career. A true anomaly.

2 Likes

If we can get ahead early like we did vs K State, control the game/keep their offense off the field and out of rhythm, I think we can control the line of scrimmage, run all day on them and win the game pretty handily.

If we get down early and/or if it turns into a shootout, Kansas will win the game handily.

1 Like

i agree, make them throw

they run a bunch of option and motion in the running game, need to be sound and studied to mitigate broken plays

1 Like
3 Likes

in Gundy’s presser he mentioned during the bye week they removed some things from the playbook that haven’t worked and instead worked on improving things that had. He quoted a Tom Osborne quote about when fixing things use the eraser end to remove instead of the lead side to create something.

He also mentioned they’re playing for Jimmy Bean because even if Daniels returns it won’t be a big offensive change.

2 Likes

Ahhh, so nice to have friends watching out for you!! We had the opposite situation. The guy sitting in front of us left right before Epps and his pick 6. We politely asked his wife to go find him and keep him away :grinning:

1 Like

On top of it Jereme Robinson didnt practice. Have 5 sacks for the season on DL. Starter.

And Hayden Hatcher, DE. didnt practice either.

4 Likes

Blockquote
https://twitter.com/big12conference/status/1711426476933808474?s=46&t=Kr-MRGz89gYcOODj5y2zpg

So the Big 12 thinks one 82 yard punt return worth 6 points is better than 186 yards of made field goals worth 15 points? Hale no!

Saturday is for Alex :triumph:

10 Likes

I usually would definitely trust our D more than our O. And I think outside of the USA game and half the ISU game they’ve played pretty well. But for some reason, I just have a feeling the defense is the ones that will be in a dog flight this week. If we can move it like we did on KSU, we can definitely move it on KU. But their run schemes are so legit that if we get out of alignment at all they’re making house calls.

Kansas’ defense is not good.

3 Likes

Their CBs are salty don’t underestimate them. The Dline edge rushers have been doing pretty good things.

Mmhmm. If anything, it will be a shootout.

Which has two injuries and mostly will be no shows for coming week. They might also be coverage sacks because of good CB play

Do I bet the house on OSU Moneyline if Daniels doesn’t play?

I looked back at this year and last year’s KU schedules. Their only conference road win was at WVU week 2 last year. I was curious if they’d had success in an environment like ours. They lost 52-42 in Norman last year, which is probably their next best outing. All that to say homefield advantage should play a factor. For all their success in this resurgence it’s mostly been at home

1 Like

I really think they beat OU at home finally.

2 Likes

Not a chance. Everyone forget that JB tore OSU a new hole last year?

1 Like

Never, and I mean never, bet the house on OSU ML

4 Likes

I have three extra tickets for the game Saturday. Section 332A, Row 3. Hit me up if you’re interested. I’d rather sell directly to Pokes and cut out the Seat Geek fees.

6 Likes