Game Thread: Texas at Oklahoma State

Let’s get this thing started early.

2 Likes

Hell yeah! I honestly feel pretty good about this one guys. What are the chances we beat them bad enough Herman gets left on the Stillwater Airport tarmac?

1 Like

I am so fired up. Feeling the best I’ve felt in a week. Absolutely love OSU/Texas week. Can’t wait. I hope we smack those dudes around.

16 Likes

I said this in the main football thread, but I think we are quite a bit better than they are. I think if we play B- football or better, we win comfortably even if the score doesn’t dictate it. I don’t think 24-21 last week really represented how in control we were last week. I can see it playing out in very similar fashion with maybe a score better on either side. Something like 31-24 with a late Texas score. As long as Spencer is a net-neutral or net-positive like he was last week, we can let the defense eat and choke them out. The only way we lose is if we lose the turnover battle by 3 or something stupid like that.

7 Likes

Happy you’re feeling better!

3 Likes

Thanks man. Me too. Kicked my butt for a couple of days but finally feeling like myself.

6 Likes

This ut team is Iowa State Lite. We’re golden.

2 Likes

All of this optimism from OSU fans scares me. I just don’t want to have to see all the articles saying Yurcich gets the better of Gundy and Herman saves his job with this game.

2 Likes

I’ve got it up until Bedlam.

2 Likes

giphy

This is me every game (yes even Kansas). Central Michigan haunts me to this day.

9 Likes

Because we won and the refs literally took it from us?

6 Likes

That and Yurcich and Gundy always seem to find ways to get OSU to lose.

1 Like

This game make me nervous. I feel like Texas has their back against the wall and will come out firing. If we can sustain the momentum and Sanders controls himself. I think this will be like a 35-31 type game. Texas has a high power offense that has been down lately. They get a lot of their players back for this game. If they score early or first I don’t know if we can keep up with them offensively.

1 Like

But… they didn’t lose the game. And the decision from Gundy was the right thing on the last play… the referees got it wrong.

4 Likes

We still only managed 338 yards of offense that game and our leading rusher was Hill with 31 yards. Yes the refs cost us the win but we did not play well enough to put the game away so which I put the blame on Gundy and Yurcich. Ultimately every single year we lose games we shouldn’t and to me Texas is the most likely candidate for that. Years of being an OSU fan have taught me never to get too optimistic about our chances in any one game. Everything on paper says OSU by 17+ but my heart tells me we will all be sweating it out.

You seem like fun at parties.

6 Likes

Thank you

1 Like

Woke up to a feeling of a “let down” game. Gulp…

Today’s the day, will we trick or will we treat ?

I woke up feeling solid about the game. My good vibes shall offset yours of woe.

Pokes win 34-24

1 Like