Game Thread: Texas Tech 🏀

Didn’t see a thread for the game tonight so I made one.

Found the Tech bus in the wild

4 Likes

And again!

1 Like

They’re letting students wait inside GIA, thank God. It’s miserable outside.

Edit: Coach Boynton just gave us free pizza. I love this man.

12 Likes

Calling 20+ from Boone & Asberry tonight

8 Likes

6 Likes

So do you always get seated behind the scorer’s table when you go to GIA? When I was student I don’t even think they let us in that area.

1 Like

Another sucky ESPN+ stream for the rest of us :unamused:

1 Like

Last year they opened most of the bleachers behind the scorers table to the student section. It’s first come first serve, so you basically have to be in the group of people here and hour and a half + before tip to sit there for conference games, but it’s so worth it.

1 Like

Yeah, totally worth it. That’s cool. I always got there way early for GIA home games as a student (even like the first 10-20 students in line), and the area behind the scorers’ table was off limits. If I remember right, it was reserved for players’ family, special guests, or big time donors.

1 Like

They keep the section behind our bench and the opposing bench reserved for families but that’s it. I guess donors sit across the court or up in suites or something now.

1 Like

There are like no people here right now. Students included.

OSU should schedule free bus routes from from OKC & Tulsa to the arena to get more people in that have trouble making the trip there during the week

3 Likes

I know we have a bus that runs from OSU Tulsa to the Stillwater campus. Idk if it’s free though.

Bad weather today?

1 Like
4 Likes

Yup. It’s been in the high 30’s/low 40’s and raining all day.

3 Likes

I’m not even kidding, is that bad weather for Oklahoma this time of year lol?

No, it’s not. It’s just annoying lol. Last week sucked. Today wasn’t bad at all, just rainy.

3 Likes

I mean, it’s February so sometimes it’s in the 20’s or teens and windy, but it’s the cold and wet that gets people.

Also just in general it feels like we’re usually good for one snow or ice storm between January and February, but more than like an inch or two of snow is a lot for us. People just forget how to drive.

2 Likes

It was 33 degrees here today, and almost everyone that came into my job told me how nice it was outside lol

3 Likes