Goodnight Vienna

It’s weird I’m not the only one to see.

PFB is one of the four sites I unfailingly go to every morning. Will miss your banter with Carson on the podcast. Hope you will join them once in a while. Godspeed!

1 Like

In time all things shall pass… I have been here from basically the start and am one of those people that have wasted way too much time on here. I usually read, make some comments, and move to the next article.
I have never really understood why the trolls would come to the best oSu site, but then again, that’s the reason. What you started and developed has been the go to site for all things oSu. It’s not just me but many fans come here for the news. Thanks Kyle… Now come back and get in the comment sections. Use an alias or whatever. Just interact…

4 Likes

No salty takes here, just a thank you. I’ve lived out of the state of OK for the last 15 or so years, and Pistols Firing is my constant go to site to keep informed with all things OSU. I feel like I’m losing a friend after listening to you and Carson on the podcast for years every weekend morning while out walking my dog.

Be proud of what you have done. It is a lot easier to tear something down than to build it up, and what you have created here is part of the daily ritual for a lot of us out her.

A sincere thank you and best wishes in life.

4 Likes

As the first reader to identify himself to a startled Kyle Porter as you tailgated before a game in 2011, I want to thank you for your dedication to this site and OSU sports. You have made this site part of my day and the last 10 years have been a joy. Only the best to you and your family Kyle.

2 Likes

Thank you, KP!!! What you have created is truly nothing short of an internet masterpiece for Oklahoma State athletics. Thank you for responding to my emails, and for using some of them in articles, thank you for the stories, all the hot and cold takes, the analysis, the podcasts with Carson, the photos, everything that you poured into it. This site is in tremendous hands, obviously, but you were the first one who turned the dream into a reality. A site for Oklahoma State fans was something I never imagined could exist until I started following along with PFB several years ago. THANK YOU!!! I’m sure your tank is truly empty. Best of luck reloading it with other career and family ventures.

P.S. I was lucky enough to meet you once at Hideaway after a football game. You and Carson had David Glidden on the postgame pod that night.

1 Like

It’s been a long time since I’ve posted here and I didn’t have intentions to start again (different priorities in life is all), but I can’t let this one go. The site is rad, what you’ve built is awesome, and this will always be where I go for info about OSU sports.

Aside from being responsive to my emails and replying to my comments from time to time, you once wrote a post based on one of my comments, and that was a really big deal to me. Seeing the number of people who have had similar personal encounters speaks volumes. Thanks, Kyle. Best of luck in your future endeavors!

3 Likes

Hi Kyle,
If you ever have any doubts about the quality of what you have done for the past 10 years just take any PFB article from any day and then compare it to what is found on Okstate.com.
The two systems of reporting are worlds apart. PFB has been at a professional and fun level whereas Okstate.com has been sparse news and rather amateur. Any detractors that you have had over the years are just that, detractors. I have not lived in Oklahoma since I graduated in 1970 so I used to solely depend on Cowboy sports information from OKstate.com and it just was never enough to satisfy me. So when I turn on my computer the first place I go is PFB. That is how I have started each day since discovering the site.
You can leave being really proud of your creation. Thank you for all the information and happiness that you have provided an out of state OSU fan. It has meant so much to me Kyle. I wish you the best in your next endeavor.

1 Like

I’ve given my opinion and stated facts. Not once have I ever tried to impress an agenda upon anyone in this forum. I don’t expect anyone to just agree with my opinion without any kind of objectivity and nor do I expect to give an answer to anyone without presenting a logical explanation from my viewpoint. I can see the writing on the wall. I just hope one day you might be able to do the same.

Porter,
Well done, good and faithful…

I want to thank you for following in the footsteps of Gary Ward, Mike Holder, Terry Don Phillips, Harry Birdwell, T Boone Pickens, Sherman Smith, Greenwoods, etc. Each of you put in the effort to build something the oSu athletic program might not have deserved. I am grateful for your efforts and those that make PFB happen. Best of luck to Marshall Scott and thanks for keeping the flame lit at the best source for oSu sports coverage.

I too have been here for the long run and I too have ducked out recently. I also appreciate the culture Mike Gundy has brought to oSu. My biggest regret isn’t about Gundy being a gentleman farmer or a family man that strives for life balance. The regret that made me step away from posting is disappointment and pessimism. I am disappointed Gundy hasn’t followed the advise he used to build the 2011 championship squad- keep your head down, put in the work, and don’t say much. I am pessimistic that after flirting with other programs Gundy stopped following his own advise and has shown no willingness, a la John Smith, to change his stripes. Jim Knowles for me was the straw that broke the camel’s back. Every game this year has made me reflect on what might have been if a coach of his stature followed Bill Young. Hire coaches and coordinators with D1 experience (Bill Young, Larry Fedora, Dana Holgerson, Todd Monken, Joe Defo, Gunter Brewer, Kasey Dunn, Joe Wickline, Josh Henson) that can recruit and let them do their job. Comparing those hires to what has transpired at OC, DC, OL and on special teams since Gundy’s job flirtations has been less than special. While Gundy continues to run a clean program and keeps teams bowl eligible he seems to be placing what is best for him over what is best for the program. None of that makes Gundy a bad guy. However, IMO what he has recently said about the media, potential recruits, and oSu hasn’t been acceptable for a leader at oSu IMO. His treatment of Kyle Porter/PFB IMO makes him look arrogant, out of touch, and unappreciative. To whom much has been given much is expected.

1 Like

Kyle thank you for bringing the OSU news to the fans that no longer live in OK but love to read about our Cowboys and Cowgirls. I have been a long time and daily viewer and I love all the good and bad that this site provides for us fans.
Don’t under estimate what you have done for the OSU nation it was and is greatly appreciated.

Best of lucky - this fan will truly miss your writing about OSU.

GO POKES!!!

Joe, its a shame this isn’t for you![

2 Likes

This is exactly what I’ve been saying about Gundy since 2016. However, I keep being told I’m a bigot and Gundy hater no matter what. I’m not saying Gundy is personally a bad guy, but like you said he’s lost touch of what it takes to build towards a championship program. I’ve even said he did an excellent job his first few years.

A shame? What did I ever do to you?

For one thing joe this is a farewell Kyle. U and another have hijacked it to rant about Gundy. I don’t know the other guy. But u I do any post turns into a rant about Gundy.

Well I just initially asked a question and I said to him he did a nice job running PFB and I even complimented him.

I also didn’t initiate anything about Gundy and my response was clearly to Scott and nobody else. So I don’t know why you concerned yourself with my response to Scott?

I didn’t hijack anything. I questioned one person’s thoughts since they wrote an article about it and responded directly to another. I didn’t maliciously attack anyone for no reason.

Well u don’t understand public forum. When u push the button, its a remark on their post u dnt go private.

Kyle, First time to comment but I’ve been reading your articles from the beginning. Thank you for providing an outlet for the Cowboy family for so long. Before 2010, it was difficult to find OSU coverage through any scope other than regional newspapers that mostly cater to the OU fanbase. I have appreciated your writing particularly because you try to remain objective but your heart comes through from time to time. I attribute much of the growth of OSU football media to this website. I’m excited to see where it goes from here. Good luck with all your future endeavors. Go Pokes!!

Thank you Kyle! I’ve really enjoyed the content. You have made a difference!