Grades: OSU, Gundy Flunk Another Test as Season Comes to End

You never watched Johnny Carson :cowboy_hat_face:

For you people who cried about the question to Gundy about jobs being inappropriate, bad timing and simply something that doesnā€™t get askedā€¦ā€¦

OU basketball is currently terrible. Porter Moser was asked today about his job, as well as others on his staff. He answered it respectfully. Didnā€™t threaten to take any credentials.

The question gets asked. All the time.

1 Like

It kinda sounds like he knows his goose is pretty close to cooked to me. Maybe Iā€™m wrong though.

I wonder has these other coaches had reporters like carson and boone. I bet if gundy didnt have to he wouldnt give post game talks. I see biden handles reporters well.
I dnot know what the drama is. You hardly every get info out of anybody. Gundy hates pfb. Biden hates fox.

I think the real story is reporters and people think they will get questions answered. Lol

1 Like

Difference being Porters seat is really hot , Gundys wasnā€™t. Porter wonā€™t last long unless he goes to ND, which is wildly rumored

I hope tomato slice didnt hear switzerā€™s tusla world interview. He want to see if the person will still admit to being the one who moved ou to the sec down the road.

1 Like

I think he knows that heā€™ll get another year to turn it around. Heā€™ll be coaching for his job next year.

I read it ā€¦. Switzer isnā€™t high on it, tomato will say different :joy: heā€™s right though they will have to have( recruit) some high end d- linemen
He mentioned money, money for the jump of uo and Riley

1 Like

@michael13 Iā€™m guessing youā€™re referring to the Switzer-Haisten article in the Tulsa World? What are you saying that Iā€™ll ā€œsay differentā€?

@michael13 I love Barry. Heā€™s the King. I also love listening to Pat Jones. Butā€¦ā€¦those two guys have been out of college football for over 30 years. The landscape has changed. The game has changed. The entire way you fill your roster has changed. Barry was the absolute reason why OU hired John Blake. Switzer famously (or infamously) said ā€œrecruiting in the state of Texas wonā€™t allow Blake to failā€. Barry was a little out of touch on that perspectiveā€¦ā€¦ā€¦& it was 1996. The King will always be the King. He is correct that the move to the SEC was predominantly about $$ & that itā€™ll be tougher sledding. Is that really breaking news to you or anyone else? What human with common sense has said otherwise?

1 Like

Whoa! Cause of Notre Dame? Or cause OU really might fire him?

Youā€™ve always said moving to the SEC was the best right ? Iā€™m with Switzer , itā€™s all about money. Iā€™ll give you credit youā€™ve said recruiting needs an upswing, especially DL ā€¦ I think it would have been better to wait a few more years It was always going to be there

1 Like

Barry is smart about most things football. He coached in an era that unlimited scholarships and usually could put 3 teams out there that would start anywhere
Pat doesnā€™t have the mind Barry had in football, run it up the gut, 3 yards and a cloud of dust. Never threw the ball unless he had Dykes

Switzer was the only coach Iā€™ve ever seen smoke a cigarette on the sidelines :joy:

1 Like

Unequivocally, without a doubtā€¦ā€¦YESā€¦ā€¦the move to the SEC is whatā€™s best for the university of Oklahoma. It has been & will continue to be the most dominant & profitable Conf in college athletics. Itā€™s an absolute no-brainer.

@michael13 OU needed to upgrade the football program across the board. Analysts. Staff. Recruiting. Facilities. Everything. Itā€™s a blueblood program. But the proof is in the pudding & OU wasnā€™t capable of getting over the SEC hump. If youā€™ve ever listened to or read anything Iā€™ve saidā€¦ā€¦Iā€™m realistic. You guys tend to jump on me simply because Iā€™m an OU fan and assume Iā€™m a homer. Itā€™s just not the truth. OU will have their work cut out for em. They will have a higher ceilingā€¦ā€¦& a lower floor. They will never win the Conf 6 straight years. Butā€¦ā€¦theyā€™ll never get blown outta the water if they make a playoff again. Theyā€™ve upgraded the staff from top to bottom. Theyā€™ve upgraded the recruiting dept. Theyā€™ve gotten on par with how bulky the SEC footbsll opā€™s are. Itā€™s starting to show in how BV has recruited on the defensive side of the ball. Againā€¦ā€¦thatā€™s all well and goodā€¦ā€¦but he has to win.

1 Like

OU wonā€™t fire him in year 2. Thatā€™s not how Joe C operates. Thereā€™s been some rumor/smoke of him & ND since heā€™s a Chicago guy & Catholic. OU is terrible right now & thereā€™s not much to hang their hat onā€¦ā€¦so the questions are floating around.

Iā€™m not jumping on you ketchup, just because I think a little different about it than you. OU had a chance to win the first Georgia game with Baker going in at half with a lead. What changed in that game ?? Rileyā€™s coaching i would say. Riley was never big on D guys. He thought he could always outscore you. Their chances of making the playoffs were much higher here than there. All these upgrades do you think Lebby is the one to carry you to the promised land ? I have my doubts
There are only so many of those big ugliest on the DL and OL in the south and Texas. Unless something changes wonā€™t Alabama, Georgia, Clemson continue to get their share ? That leaves very few left

1 Like

Ive always have called tomato an ou homer which is a strech, he is a homer for the ad. He is rite up joes back side.
Just think if uo and texas stayed what are numbers would be. Everbody said we would lose money. Ou has a similar deal as we do. They do own the oklahoma hs kids, but thats not saying much.

Everyone is on gundy, but brent lost a ton of highly rated players. It doesnt meaning anything to have a good class if they never make the field. Thats where you depth comes from. Joe will be force to fire brent with another season like this.
Tomato slice always talks about how he was rite. I asked how Gabriel was going to do outside of a g5 schedule and was going to stay healthy. They still have big issues at qb.

1 Like

Lots of high ranked kids they did lose, depending on the freshman QB maybe a stretch too. Still think Brent has lots of work to do. Florida St they did look decent. Iā€™m betting they get the SEC welcome on flags For sure making the playoffs will be much harder. Go undefeated or one loss in the B12 almost guarantees you a spot
We have never owned Oklahoma but we still get some mice kids here

1 Like

Ou is betting on playoff expansion. The thing is if there pod is texas a&m Arkansas the could have 2 to 3 loss before they get out of ther pod. Itā€™ll be hard to set up good schedule in the sec.

1 Like