Grades: OSU Offense Struggles Again in Close Call vs. Tulsa

I don’t think replacing Sanders with Illingsworth buys us anything if the coaching isn’t any better. But our coaching is not setting us up to win. You want Sanders to not throw ints, then run some motion so he can plainly see when the defense is in zone vs. man. If you watch that int, Sanders read the ‘shown blitz’ on the left side and it looks like he expected man defense, then threw it right at a LB who had dropped into zone coverage. As for play calling, most teams run concepts in which certain receivers will be better positioned based on man vs. zone. We don’t seem to mesh such concepts so that the QB can read the defense then know which read is open. I don’t see many man-beater crossing routes being run. I don’t see many flood concepts. I don’t see many plays setting up future plays either. Sanders for example throws a good slant ball. And the few he did throw were productive. But did we run a single sluggo-route? Did we throw a single ball to the TEs? I remember one nice RB screen (not WR screens, which we threw a dozen times and not once for anything worth a ■■■■) but don’t recall ever going back to it.

Watching that game, I almost felt like the few successful plays are put away, and that we constantly re-ran the unsuccessful plays so the team could try to get it right the next time.

1 Like

Thank You!!! If the HC admits our schemes are flawed and coaching needs to be better then it tells me not everything is just the player’s fault. Only people who’ve never played the sport before would make such an assumption.

You may be right about that. If they spend another week doing nothing Boise State is going to have a field day.

1 Like

Yeah….I would say this looks about right.

I agree and would love to see that happen. Unfortunately, I don’t anticipate it will…

Great blocking on that run back.

I will just pick on one of ur fantasy grades.
Defense
Took points off the board
No turn overs
Only one Defense can get an A it’s not osu’s
The cb seem to be getting lost.
If anyone on osu gets an A or -A it’s special teams.

The defense is the reason this team is 2-0, and I think if you disagree with that you’ve never seen what a good offense is or you’ve got your head shoved so far up Mike Gundy’s A55 that you don’t realize Jim Knowles unit is the one keeping us in these games.

1 Like

We have played dual qbs up to now. Those dB will be forced to make plays next. But, I knew u would no that ur still crying about our win.

Those DBs have already made some great plays. You must have missed those.

1 Like

They have none a nice job. They will be tested more next week.
The main deal is to rile up guys like the 3 stooges.