Gundy Says Chuba Hubbard Has ‘Chosen to Go to the NFL’

Originally published at: https://pistolsfiringblog.com/gundy-says-chuba-hubbard-has-chosen-to-go-to-the-nfl/

It appears as if Chuba Hubbard has played his last game as a Cowboy. On the pregame radio show Saturday, Mike Gundy told Dave Hunziker that Hubbard has elected to prepare for the NFL Draft. “Chuba’s not gonna play,” Gudy said. “Chuba’s chosen to go to the NFL.” If that’s it for Hubbard’s college career, it ends with 3,459 rushing yards and 33 rushing touchdowns on 585 carries. His yardage total ranks eighth in OSU’s history. As a redshirt sophomore last season, Hubbard led the country with 2,094 rushing yards. Hubbard has been hampered with injuries in 2020, playing in seven games where he has 133 carries, 625 rushing yards and five scores on the ground. Despite not always being suited up, Hubbard has been on the sideline all year cheering for his teammates. OSU will also be without Rodarius Williams on Saturday against Baylor, per Gundy. Gundy also mentioned that Tylan Wallace and LD Brown would be game-time decisions. OSU and Baylor are set to kick off at 2:30 from Waco.

Not a surprise. I wish him well in his NFL career.

Probably no one around here more disappointed than Chuba. Coming back this season probably really hurt his draft stock.

Sorry to hear he’s done. I thought a couple of big games to end the year would get him back to where he ended last season in the eyes of the NFL scouts. Can’t blame him for not wanting to risk injury, I guess. Best of luck in the NFL!

Another reason that if you keep Gundy around star players will become more reluctant to return given Gundy’s history of failing to win the conference, beat OU, or as of late finish 2nd place.

He’s building a history of doing that. So if you are a RS sophomore or junior and you have a chance at the NFL you will leave because you know as a player at OSU all 22 starters could return, but your HC won’t even be able to get 2nd in the conference.

1 Like

wish him well, but next…

Best Wishes, Chuba!

Cowboy Nation will be rooting for you on Sundays!

Between Chuba’s mouthy public extortion of his HC and his below average, injury prone performance this year (he’s at least the 3rd best back on the team), he’ll be lucky to get drafted at all and rightfully so.

1 Like

I just imagine NFL coaches watching that Gundy hostage tape video and thinking, “Gee, that looks like fun; sign me up!”

So incredibly uninformed.