Homecoming Game Thread: Cincinnati 🏈

2 TDs and 7 FGs, there you go. That honestly sounds like Gundy’s dream offensive game.

1 Like

I’m really sad, this is the first Hoco weekend since before I was in high school that I’m going to miss. But it was either this week or bedlam and I chose to bite the bullet for bedlam. So they better beat OU to appease my decision.

6 Likes

Wedding? Or something else?

Just a newborn. It’s hard to get up to Stillwater very often when we have a newborn at home, and I’m a good enough / weak enough person to not want to make my wife handle him alone every single Saturday.:joy: plus I’d be getting home at like 1am if I went. We’ll be in Skiatook next week during bedlam so my wife will be with my mom and their friend group so she won’t be alone.

7 Likes

OSU is averaging 39 ppg over their last 3, first in the league.

They’ve kicked 13 redzone field goals in those games. That’s a 52 point swing if they could get in the endzone. If they were good at redzone offense they’d be averaging ~56 points per game since KSU. The offense from 20 to 20 has been insanely good since ISU.

2 Likes

At some point they will regress to the mean. So around 28-32 I’m sure. This team isn’t built for this time of sustained offensive power. My concern is the WR group someone HAS to step up. Ollie can’t keep this up(25-29 carries/gm), it’s just not possible. I’m just really hoping a Bray or someone gets confidence enough to be like, let’s go.

3 Likes

I think everyone is forgetting who the HC is. It was an accident we won by 14 points this weekend. Gundy would have been happy to win by 3. He won’t run up the score. He will go in to “not to lose” mode once we are up by one score. 30-23 Poles win.

7 Likes

Same as the past three weeks: just have fun out there fellas.

3 Likes

Yes, it’s Bing AI image creator!

:joy::joy:

5 Likes

Just a newborn?! That’s a massively good reason. Kudos to you for being a great dad that wants to help the wifey. This is the way. I’m proud of you, Grad.

5 Likes

Yeah they need a deep threat. Owens is a big body, just not very fast. BP is always reliable but not really a deep threat. Bray is just bray. He’s the best WR on the roster and the absolute worst WR on the roster all at once. Never know what you’ll get with him. Losing Stribling sucks. But I think Ollie can ride 25-30 carries a game. He’s massive, he hasn’t been getting a lot of heavy collisions because he’s so good at dodging guys, and he basically got zero carries in non-con so he’s fresh.

3 Likes

Usually we point to the offense and conservatism as our issue, but it’s all on the defense this year. The last 3 games have been close because of defensive busts every 10-15 plays. The offense has done more than enough to win every game handily in conference play. And honestly the defense has been good outside of those mental collapses. It feels like every single TD that the last 3 teams have scored on us have all been on busts in coverage. They just need to figure out what play they need to be running and they could be a lot better.

1 Like

is Leon fast?

Maybe he could step up?

What about any of the young guns like Heard?

3 Likes

Thanks man, I appreciate it. I joke like I’m doing it for her sake but to be honest he’s a pretty awesome kid. I’d ditch a million games to hang out with him.

2 Likes

I liked Shettron’s involvement. Had a few drops but the coverage was extremely aggressive, understandable from a RS freshman. Hope the injury isn’t serious.

2 Likes

he cleanly beat the corner on the play he got hurt, bowman just threw him a hospital ball and the safety blew him up

6 Likes

As I was driving back from NY last night I was thinking “This is gonna be like that HOCO game against Kansas. 51-7”

Not sure if I fully believe that, but I do think that Ollie is good enough to overwhelm the Cincy DL and realistically we have a ton of talent at WR. Bray, Ownes, BP, and Shettron are all really good. If Tayln can come back next week I think we end up with 2-3 passing TDs alongside 2-3 rushing TDs at least. That would leave us with 3 FGs to get to 51, which just makes sense. Ollie is winning the Doak and Hale the Groza this year.

2 Likes

Is he healthy now?

I believe they care called hospital passes. Bowman throws a lot of them.

1 Like

I was just pointing out that Gundy coaches different when he is ahead. If we get the lead, we will go into a conservative offensive approach and we will very seldom have a blowout win.

3 Likes