Hoops Game Thread: at Kansas

This gif seems appropriate of the Cowboy play tonight

3 Likes

Do we just not have the NIL to compete?

The roster looks more and more outmatched every game

Thereā€™s a reason we were marshā€™s only high major xfer offer

1 Like

As a big time MB supporter, I really hate to say itā€¦but I think the poor team play is nearly 100% coaching. Every one of these young kids playing looked great at the high school level. They just arenā€™t getting what they need to convert to good D1 play.

2 Likes

The only players we have in the top 100 of their class are BT, BG, and Dailey, all more than serviceable in B12

Itā€™s people like quion, dow, Hicklen, marsh that look more than lost out there

Donā€™t get me wrong, boynton sucks cause itā€™s his crappy roster

2 Likes

BT not coming back tonight according to John. It was an elbow/shoulder injury but there is no fracture according to X-ray.

5 Likes

Welcome to the teamā€¦

4 Likes

Everyone is realizing the same thing now. Just took some of yā€™all a few more years.

1 Like

Dam street ball

1 Like

I agree with your sentiment that we have two ā€œtiersā€ of players. But I donā€™t think we can expect to get our entire team in the top 100 of recruits. Overall, MB has recruited okay according to ā€œstarsā€. He just hasnā€™t had good enough coaching to make an entire team of his pieces.

1. The issue is the high ranked tier 1 players (Daily, BG, BT, Small) just arenā€™t coached to ā€œgrowā€ into better players. Itā€™s like whatever skill they entered OSU with is where they stay. Thatā€™s coaching.
  2. The tier 2 special skill players (Dow, Hicklen, Q, Marsh) are not providing the ā€œglueā€ to hold this team together because they are completely lost. They donā€™t have confidence to do their specific specialty (3-pt, rebound, rim protect, etc.) and they donā€™t have enough basketball IQ to mitigate their individual weaknesses. This is also coaching.
4 Likes

Basketball IQ , that is a big big component for a team, player. Kansas has about everyone outclassed but these guys are just playing street ball

Edit : a lot of our bigs , even the guards donā€™t seem to have enough strength to muscle anyone
Their bodies donā€™t look cut like they should

1 Like

I wish the season could end tonight. Get it over with. This has to be absolutely miserable for all involved.

5 Likes

We are going on a winning streak after tonight Travis , bank it :crazy_face:

1 Like

Running clock anyone?

1 Like

What is Dow shooting percentage on 3ā€™s ?

His shooting percentage om any FG is 0% today. Bad bad night for him as a shooter.

1 Like

Fire MB for not emptying the bench at half time.

Roughly Ferron Flavors territory.

4 Likes

Cool man

According to the movie Major League 2, it takes at least 3 wins in a row for a streak. Iā€™d be really shocked if this team finds 3 wins in a row.

1 Like

Dead ā– ā– ā– ā–  last on the team. 11 for 41

1 Like