Hot Take of the Day: Mason Rudolph was Better than Brandon Weeden

I do remember saying imagine the stats if mason had Weedon’s line. Those numbers would be insane

James Washington or Justin Blackmon? Justice hill or Kendall hunter? 2011 offisive line or 2017 2018 offensive line? And a 2011 defense that led the country in turn overs. Brandon had better surrounding cast and Brandon was better under pressure. Listen, one of the most important things that also made the 2011 squad better was WE THREW IN THE MIDDLE OF THE FEILD!!! Grungy does not like to get his little receivers hurt and And so he stopEd doing that which resulted him to throwing deep. Ray Charels could see that Brandon Was 100% better and the right choice

I don’t think either qb could win the conference today because Gundy has his fingers in the offense. For OSU to win the conference you need some Mike Leach do or die, and you ain’t got that with Mike Gundy.
Hello 3rd in the conference.

Mike Leach isn’t doing any better than OSU in the Big12 and in a conference that is inferior to all others. You just like that Leach is a loud mouth in front of the media. and for what? He spends most of his time barking about officials and getting into lawsuits.

I miss Josh Cooper

2 Likes

I miss throwing the ball over the middle of the field.

3 Likes

You evidently haven’t seen the article that Rudolph will be the backup to Ben ? They are sticking with him because they see promise with him. Ben won’t stay upright for long , their OL was horrible last year. Unless they improve it , it will be the same. I think Rudy will do well if they improve the line

Weeden only got Hunter for one year compared to Rudolph having Hill for 3. Not to mention there was so much more receiver talent behind Washington then there was behind Blackmon. Weeden’s top three targets his senior year were Blackmon, Cooper, and Moore. Rudy’s were Washington, Ateman, and McCleskey. Rudolph’s supporting cast on offense had so much more talent then Weeden, yet Rudolph still only managed 1 Bedlam win and nothing else.

I’m not totally sure if you watched Rudolph play this last season, but it was really bad and it had nothing to do with the team around him.

Give me Blackmon, Cooper, Moore over Washington, Ateman, McClesky every day. And nobody is mentioning Joseph Randle, plus a far superior offensive line. Also is this Landry Jones? It has to be putting Corndog in over Mason.

1 Like

I did read the article about Mason’s current status with the Steelers. It was a little tongue in cheek about undrafted, free agent, Devlin Hodges replacing Mason last year. However, I have also noticed J.T. Barrett and Paxton Lynch are with the Steelers and they are looking into the future w/o Big Ben. The Steelers have also been rumored to be considering Jameis Winston. Mason is under contract through '22. I doubt Rudolph will be with the Steelers after his contract expires. They may see promise but not much confidence.

Rudy had Carson, Tyreek, and Justice at running back to go along with tylan, stoner, and Lacy at receiver. The NFL level talent on that 2011 team was nowhere near comparable. They may have had more top end talent, but very little overall talent.

If you watched Hodges play, he was terrible his self after one game. He had one good game. Rudy was playing well till his shoulder injury. We will see but Hodges won’t be on the roster come cutting time. Jamis Winston story sailed a long time ago. The other two chumps you mentioned won’t make camp. But we will see
JT Barrett isn’t a chump, so I’ll retract it on him

Mason’s accuracy issues compounded the line problems. Weeden helped his line by being more accurate and hitting more on short and intermediate throws. This is reflected in his much higher completion percentage. Mason’s reliance on hitting deep throws is reflected in his yards per attempt/yards per game/etc looking nicer, but also killed a lot of drives. I just know from watching them both I would take Weeden’s steadier arm in crunch time over Mason’s streakier one any day of the week.

1 Like