How many shots in a Limey?

An important topic has come up for discussion tonight with me and my friends. Does anyone know?

1 Like

When you say Limey, are you talking about a cocktail or a British person?

2 Likes

:rofl:

2 Likes

If you’re talking about a cocktail, the recipes I can find online all call for between 2 and 3 1/2 ounces of booze, and a shot is and ounce and a half so I guess that averages out to about 2 shots per.

Have you not had a limey on the strip?

2 Likes

Nope

1 Like

Ah, man. I can’t remember which bar they’re at (Maybe the penny?) but they’re the signature drink at the place.

1 Like

It is the Penny. I’ve been involved in more than my fair share of limey races and I can tell you that whatever the amount alcohol in them, it’s way more than is necessary (same for the amount of sugar in them as well).

5 Likes

30 year old me doesn’t know how 21 year old me used to put those down. I think I would be out of commission if I had one today.

So funnily enough Devin, our photographer, used to bartend at the Penny. He says:

“2.5-3.5 shots of vodka, 1.5 shots of triple sec, 1.5 shots of lime juice, filled with sprite”

18 Likes

This is why you pay for PFB+

14 Likes

I’m gonna make this now. Sounds awesome!

2 Likes

Woah

Man I remember having a Limey and a couple of Payne County Painkillers in a night……was not feeling great the next morning

3 Likes

It’s 3 shots. At least it was when I was there.

2 Likes

My stomach would consist of legpetters, PC painkillers and Limeys every Sunday morning.

1 Like

How’s your liver these days haha

My tolerance and consumption have both gone way, way down haha

Anyone know what the Penny uses for flavoring for Limeys? I used to always get a watermelon one but didn’t know what they used for the watermelon flavor.

1 Like

I don’t, but unless someone else can give you an exact answer I’d start with a Watermelon simple syrup and go from there.

1 Like