I hate OU and I live in :

I saw something in another post that made me curious.

Hypothetical : If you could jump from the 38th ranked recruiting class to the 15th ranked recruiting class for 3 years straight, but it meant OU winning a national title to do it, would you be ok with that?

If your answer is no, I’m curious, do you live in Oklahoma?

Reason being, while I would currently disagree with you, there was a time I didn’t. The longer I’ve been away from the state of Oklahoma, the less I care about OU having success or not.

Just interesting. If your answer is no, where do you live?

Absolutely. They already win the Big 12 title regularly, which is almost equally as annoying.

2 Likes

My answer is yes, and I live in Oklahoma. I guess I just don’t interact with the worst parts of OU’s fanbase much.

1 Like

No I wouldn’t. I live in Louisville, KY.

(And not that you asked, but I wouldn’t seriously consider it unless it were 4 straight years of top 5)

We can beat them AND they go onto win the NC btw.

1 Like

For reference here’s what a #15 class looks like

3 of those and Gundy might win a natty himself, good night that’s a lot of stars.

6 Likes

The fact that Penn State has been able to continue that is infuriating to a certain degree.

2 Likes

Would push us from nowhere near the blue chip ratio to super close.

The proposed deal with the devil proposed in this thread, is better than how Ole Miss tried to do it.

1 Like

This is interesting. I have a colleague/friend who went to Alabama and went down on a visit. They went to a local restaurant that had the game on. It was Auburn and someone else. If Auburn won, Alabama would win the division. So, when Auburn scored, my friend cheered. The place went quiet and looked at him. He tried to explain why he did it but got cut off with 'We don’t root for Auburn." “Yeah, but…” “We DON’T root for AUBURN.” and that was the end of it. I see that here at least for myself. Never OU. Ever.

4 Likes

I’d rather get dragged through a field of glass crusted dildos than see OU win another national title in my lifetime.

6 Likes

On this one, Lee, you and I are in complete agreement.

1 Like

Interesting…that them being dildos is somehow worse than just shards of broken glass. But ok. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Oh and I live in Texas and will never live in Oklahoma again.

I actually had a really uncomfortable-after-the-fact moment at a conference last year with a mixup about ‘OU’. A friend told me he had met this person from ‘OU’ that I should talk to, so I went to this roundtable thing and saw a lady there from University of Oklahoma. I sat down and we struck up a conversation, though she wasn’t sure what I meant when I mentioned my friend. Regardless, it was a good chat and I thanked my friend later, saying that it was a good introduction to the professor at OU. He looked at me strangely and said ‘she’s not a professor’. This confused me, so I said 'No, you’re wrong. She was a professor at Oklahoma. OU." He responded: “What? No. OU is Ohio University.”

At this point, retroactive anxiety hit me and I had to sit down.

My point? Who TF thinks “OU” means Ohio University except for monsters?

5 Likes

I mean… Ohio University is the first “OU” and that’s actually the correct order… so…

But yeah east coasters are for sure like that.

1 Like

I would be OK with that tradeoff. I haven’t lived in Oklahoma for a long time, but I do interact with several big-time OU fans. They’re just not nearly as obnoxious out here.

Many crabs in this particular bucket.

1 Like

Interesting nightmare scenario you have there…

While living in Cincinnati, if I said OU, it was always Ohio U unless I was with “familiars” who knew my being from Oklahoma and going to Ok State.