Instacap: Cowboys Sweep Bedlam, Outlast Sooners 79-75

Your comparing a coach (Ford) that recruited and never developed his talent or coached fundamentals to a coach (Boynton) that’s showing that not only is he recruiting well, but he’s coaching his butt off to get this team to gel together, and when they do they play like one of the best teams in the country and they play defense. They’ve gotten better and not worse.

Ford had three McDonald’s All-America high school players on his team at one point and couldn’t even get out of the first round of the tournament. Boynton has one McDonald’s All-American on this team and he’s beating ranked teams consistently and not losing to them like Ford did.

It’s amazing to me how you complained about the 20 turnovers on Saturday after the Beflam game and not once did you say a word about us out rebounding OU 45-28 on the glass. So don’t just shout at everyone else they “pick and choose” their agenda for the day.

2 Likes

Yes I went there. And I gave a reason. If next year he doesn’t revert to losing big lead with out cade I am more then happy to him 3 or 4 year 2 million

I did the same in the Texas game with the 5 turnovers and didn’t mention all the good stuff.
I his team has 20 turnovers without cade r they winning that game

U can’t real defend 20 turnovers

I’ve also talked about assist. We’ve had guys average higher then what this team makes in a game.

It’s one thing if you have 20 turnovers and get out rebounded 45-28. It’s another if you have 20 turnovers and out rebound the other team 45-28.

I prefer to have 15 turnovers or less, BUT OSU did what they had to in the other categories to win the game, and when you get 12 more possessions overall than the other team you get a better chance of winning the game.

I know their are guys u have heard tell that more rebounds u get more possessions but that not true. If I rebound ur shot we r equally at one.
Thats if I don’t turn it over before I take a shot.
20 turnovers gave ou 20 more possessions.
Offensive rebounds give u more possessions. Accept for the time u tip 3 times and dnt score thats just waste clock lol.
I have told u to get sports for dummies books.
I can’t explain every aspects of all these sports.too u everytime

If I rebound the ball 17 more times than you it means I have 17 more possessions. If you win the turnover battle 20-15 then it means you have 5 more possessions than myself.

OSU won the rebound battle 45-28

OU won the turnover battle 20-15

17-5 = 12

Who needs the sports for dummies book?

1 Like

Look u actually cannt have more possessions more then 2. Its actually opportunities. If u shot 60 shot in a game and 20 turnovers then basically u have given 5 minutes of the game up.
This is what I’m saying u real dnt understand the game.
Points of turnovers assist offensive rebounds trunovers shooting %. These are the nut and bolts of the game.
Defensive is just what ur suppose to do when a team misses the shot

Also, OSU did the following-

• 9 more points than OU at the free throw line

• only one less three pointer than OU

• only show 0.9% worse from field goal range than OU

• three less fouls than OU

If your going to try and convince anyone that OSU out rebounding OU in Saturday’s game wasn’t the common factor for more possessions on OSU’s side then go buy the book yourself and learn.

Ou shot 14 more shots does that mean the got 14 more possessions
So with more shots means more defensive rebounds

Since when are opportunities and possessions different? The fact is when OSU gets the ball in their hands it’s an actual possession of the ball. Your starting to sound like a politician now.

1 Like

OU didn’t have 14 more shots in Saturday’s game. They only had 5 more shots. Try to keep up here.

Well then how can u have more then 2 possessions. Thats one at each half taking in the fact who started with the ball. Monday they had 13 more shots we are on that game now

It still don’t matter 5 or 105. Does that mean the had more possessions.
I mean really onside kicks are the only way or maybe technicals

Lost the turnover battle by 2 and won the rebounding battle by 7. OU shooting more shots could also mean the time lapses between each team’s possessions.

Ok u got a firm grip on the subject I see.
Its still to many trunovers no matter what reality ur in

Ou shot 40 % and shot 13 more shot= more defensive rebounds. At least u can understand that.

I agree it’s too many turnovers, but I’m also going to look at what OSU did to win Bedlam too. It’s obvious they did a few things better to get the victory.

In Mondays game ou shot 14 more shot. So we had 10 more rebound they had 3 more off rebounds so we had a turnover one one rebound. That accounts for the more rebounds.

Yes shot better