Instacap: Oklahoma State Defeats No. 14 Texas 64-51

Originally published at: https://pistolsfiringblog.com/instacap-oklahoma-state-defeats-no-14-texas-64-51/

The Cowboys never trailed against the Longhorns.

1 Like

It’s weird how fast u guys came up with instcarp for bb. It was days for ur response to the bowl game.

1 Like

Much. Needed. Win.

1 Like

Next game is definitely winnable. Need to keep it rolling. Ice is still baffling to me. His FT% has declined from his sophomore year until now. So far this season it is 50% on 15-30. Cisse is shooting 55% on 16-29. Can someone reasonably explain to me how a point guard has not only regressed 3 season straight but is also shooting at a lower % than a 7 footer? I don’t think Cisse started playing basketball until his teens either. Get Ice’s asss in the gym and make him shoot FTs.

2 Likes

Avery didn’t show much.

2 Likes

Great, great win! But, man do we miss some open shots!
On to the next one! Go Pokes

2 Likes

Avery Anderson
Bryce Thompson
Bryce Williams
Keylan Boone
Moussa Cisse

That’s my starting 5 and the players who should get the majority of the minutes. Bring Likekele, Walker, Kalib Boone, and Moncrieffe off the bench. Likekele has to start playing better. The ball offensively sticks when he’s on the floor and I wouldn’t consider him to be an elite defender. So, unless he can start finishing some shots when he attacks the basket, then I think it’s time to go a different direction. He hasn’t made free throws, he can’t make threes, he hasn’t shown to be an elite defender. I say roll with Avery Anderson, give Likekele minutes off the bench, and if he wants more minutes he needs to earn them.

3 Likes

I may not be remembering right but it seemed like last year when the team went on a tear through Feb/March happened shortly after Ice got injured. He may be a leader but he is getting too much play time for being incompetent on offense and shooting FTs.

1 Like

KenPom has the defense at 17th in the country while the offense is 142nd. If they could just go from bad to mediocre it would make a world of difference. ISU is 4th on defense and 161st on offense and they’re a top 15 team. I haven’t watched any of their games but I’m guessing they don’t throw points away from the charity stripe. Something needs to be done.

Good W. Hopefully Boynton and the boys can get some momentum going.

1 Like

I was able to sit close to the court at the Kansas game and observed Ice’s free throw shooting technique. He has very large hands and long fingers. He missed every free throw in which the palm of his shooting hand rested on the ball when he released it. He made the ones where the ball was more on his fingers, with no palm contact. I wish I could coach him. I wonder if KeitOn Page works with any of the players on shotting, free throws or otherwise.

2 Likes

Of course, the dirt burglars mud-holed ISU today.

Ice’s defense, rebounding, assists and wisdom is the most important thing.

2 Likes

Can’t keep playing 4 on 5 when we have the ball. Ice’s offense and poor FT shooting is a liability especially for the minutes he gets. They are stagnant on that side of the ball when he is in.

2 Likes

Todays win was all about 1 guy getting hot and hitting 5-3’s. We’ve seen this before in the Boynton era several times. Unfortunately the chances that the Pokes repeat the 3 point performance of today are slim.

2 Likes

It was a good atmosphere. They honored a bunch of players that played for Iba at the half.

1 Like

Shhhh… Don’t tell Logan.

1 Like

Avery missed some easy layups he would normally make. One of the first ones he missed he went back and took the ball back but then they missed the shot anyway.

1 Like

Wish he would pound that into his teammates heads!!

2 Likes

“Likekele . . . I wouldn’t consider him to be an elite defender.”

“Shirley” you jest. Have you played competitive basketball at the collegiate level? If not, cállate ya

1 Like