Instacap: Oklahoma State Falls to Baylor 21-16 in Big 12 Championship

Originally published at: https://pistolsfiringblog.com/instacap-oklahoma-state-falls-21-16-to-baylor-in-big-12-championship/

The Cowboys stalled one too many times at the goal line.

“Those four picks set a Big 12 Championship record, as well.”

Well Sanders is a Championship Game Record holder.

Gundy spent a whole lot of time talking about big time football this week and when it came down to it at the end he turtled. The 2 goal line stands were not big time football coaching. They were scared coaching. Pathetic ending to the season. Just embarrassing.

Sanders had a nice 5 game stretch but the last two games he showed what he really is. After today I don’t know how you go back to him moving forward with Illingsworth waiting in the wings.

1 Like

I think the thing I’m the most mad about is Baylor knew they didn’t have any timeouts. There should be a rule or flag for delay of game on the defense. The other thing is from announcers is was “Warren’s Injury” it sounds like this offense planning was built around one man or game planned only around him. We got a running QB geeze why did we run 4 straight plays running?! We could had caught them off guard with a roll out. Beyond passed off today. Wish we could had gotten more creative. I’m not the biggest Dunn fan either.

1 Like

Goal line run…having issues. They needed to put in Brock Martin or one of our DTs on the one like the cowboys did with James Castleman a handful of years back. Put in some muscle and run the ■■■■ ball.

2 Likes

Not Gundys fault Sanders sh** down both legs 4 times and the backup center couldn’t block that 350 pound nose tackle.

1 Like

3rd down we rolled him out and he didn’t tuck it and run and instead through it late to the DE

1 Like

Not pulling him after a while was his fault. I’m not even on that right now. I’m pissed about the soft asss goal line playcalling. 7 tries to get it into the end zone from what 2 yards? Neither end in a touchdown. Pathetic.

1 Like

When you have a shi* for brains QB, you run 7 QB sneaks and push him into the endzone. He can’t be our QB moving forward but he will be.

3 Likes

I agree it’s freaking pathetic but it’s not gundys fault they couldn’t move the Defense. At some point the players have to execute and out of 7 tries knock somebody on their ***.

2 Likes

1 time, but keep feeding it to the running back with same results.

• Defense truly gives up 7 points.
  • Your offense turns it over 4 times. Your defense pitches a shutout in the second half.
  • Your offense gets to the goal line 1st and goal twice. They get three points out of it. Meanwhile, your defense makes sure to get the ball to the offense with 3:52 left.
  • Baylor gives you the ball on a punt return fumble. You only gotta get 29 yards. You get three points out of it.
  • Your offense made sure Baylor only had to go a total of 48 yards for 14 points. Meanwhile, your defense is playing their butts off trying to force a turnover and make the field shorter for the offense.
  • Your offense gets multiple penalties. While your defense gets one, maybe two by my count.
  • Baylor gives you the ball on their own 36 yard line, and your offense’s only touchdown of the day is off a 36 yard drive.
  • Gundy, despite the offense playing like crap, was determined to field goal his way to victory.
  • OSU has two losses. Both times because the offense fails to deliver.

Spare me the “total team effort” argument. Anyone who watched this game that doesn’t have orange shades stapled to their head knows how this game was lost.

In the meantime, this is Baylor’s third conference title in 8 seasons. This marks the 10th straight year OSU goes without a conference title.

Go ahead and keep telling me I don’t know anything about football. It’s true I said Gundy wouldn’t ever make a conference title game, but it’s also true I stated he would never win another conference title. I’ve got 10 years of evidence to back this claim up.

I actually chose OSU to win. Now I know better. Fool me once shame on you, and fill me twice shame on me.

2 Likes

OSU got to Baylors 6 yard line 5 times and scored 1 touchdown. Just putrid.

1 Like

I don’t put all the blame on Sanders, poor play calling and some scared conservative calling too.

3 Likes

I guess kind of what’s amazing to me is that a Baylor program that’s been rebuilt three times, by three separate coaches, has three conference titles in 8 seasons.

Here we are with the same coach for 10 straight seasons, and we have 0. I mean….at what point will we get to before we decide we want to be as successful as Baylor?

Offensive line cant block. He’s a statue back there. Need a better Offensive line first.

2 Likes

Yep!!! For me it was a combination of both. Besides a couple of trick plays for 5 yards gains we ran the same chit we always do with the backup running backs, and throw a million corner fades which resulted in 0 touchdown catches.

1 Like

Sanders deserves his fair share. He flat out sucked but the playcalling screwed this team.

3 Likes

But they said if you change coaches everything has to turn to chit.

1 Like