Instacap: Oklahoma State Falls to Baylor 21-16 in Big 12 Championship

Defense deserves some blame. A backup QB starts 17 for 17. No, they didn’t give up “7 points”. Offense put them in a bad spot, but if their QB isn’t perfect for two quarters and #7 isn’t running down our throat, we could have held them to FGs. Also, Baylor misses two makeable FGs. They clamped down in the 2nd half, but they could’ve helped the early bleeding.

1 Like

They got 21 points off 95 yards. It ain’t the defense.

2 Likes

:arrow_up: This right here!!!

1 Like

SOS. Still the same coach that can’t win anything meaningful. Same Quarterback that might be the worst quarterback in the 12. Same inept offensive coordinator same offensive line that can’t open holes for the past 10 years = same results…no metal. Weird how many times I hear fans on here thinks we can’t lose gundy because who could we get to replace him LOL. Hey call Baylor’s AD and asked him to get us a coach because they know how to do it. It’s time gundy turns over the keys! Pathetic.

1 Like

Big 12 coach of the year and a lifetime contract.

1 Like

What the difference between 3 wins or ten win wins? Nothing. No metal.

Sanders throws an interception and it gets returned to the 11-yard line. Then he throws another and Baylor gets it at the 37-yard line.

Are you seriously going to blame the defense for 14 points given up from such short field? I mean…I don’t mind you being upset. I just won’t accept any kind of stupidity you post on here about the defense.

I mean…Gundy said it last year. If your not first your last.

Is Illingworth going to be able to run for his life behind our inconsistent offensive linemen?

Rashuan Woods nailed it today on the post game show. Sanders wasn’t utilized enough. There wasn’t enough RPO calls for him… We all know he’s not the best passer. But face he’s a rpo guy. I look back over the years watching Walsh, Clint, and Robinson. That’s the kind of guy Sanders is and what those guys were “RPO”. Our offense isn’t built around Sanders. If we want to be a pro style team then we ought to recruit better on the offensive line and get pro style type QB’s. I been saying the last few years we’ve got a identity crisis on offense.

2 Likes

Or maybe you get a little more creative on the goal line like you did in the OU game.

Hopefully we get rid of Rattay and give his salary to Knowles. Someone on tv called Rattay the QB whisperer…LOL.

17 for 17, Joe. Get a clue.

I semi-agree. We definitely needed Sanders running more, but he’s absolutely horrible at reading the RPO: he hands it off when he should pull it, or the other way around.

1 Like

I think for today and the bowl game sticking with sanders is the right call but next year I think you have to seriously look at Illingsworth if your line can protect at all because if Sanders throws more than 20 times bad things happen

That’s sanders problem he’s horrible at reading everything. He’s a great athlete but between the ears the boy ain’t got it

There is a reason he played at Lousiana Tech and didn’t last as either a player or coach in the NFL.

0 second-half points from the defense and 0 touchdowns in the first half by the offense. Get a clue Jake!!!

Or you try to see if possibly you get a QB in the transfer portal that’s worth the paper he’s written on.

Wow. Our offensive play calling could not have been less creative. Dunn definitely needs to be replaced by a smarter OC. Just because he is good at recruiting is not cutting it any more. Sure, Spencers made some critical mistakes but they didnt use his strengths.

It almost seemed like that we didnt have a first half offensive plan. You cant expect to go down 18 points and win against a stout defense.

Shout out to our defense for playing a great game! they gave us a chance.

1 Like