Instacap: Oklahoma State Stuns No. 1 Baylor 61-54

They have been horrible! There are way too many empty seats.

1 Like

So it’s okay to talk trash about Gundy in a year we finish 12-2 and in the top ten, but can’t say anything about boynton being 9-7 and dropping games to teams like Oakland and Wichita state? I don’t think I’ve seen or heard anyone say they dislike boynton or he should be “ran out of town” as you say. We lose one player from last years squad and everyone else looks like they forgot how to play the game. Cade was obviously a big loss but it also shows boyntons flaws in the half court game, something we’ve struggled with since he took over. This was a big win and hope it continues

1 Like

One major reason to oSu offensive struggles this season is the fact that there’s not enough chemistry built… because 1) there are different starters almost every game. 2) there are too many frequent substitutions.

• Bryce T needs the offense to play through him earlier in the game so he can get in a flow and get going

• It makes it more difficult when your starters change every game, but I get why because oSu is a defensive oriented team and as long as they play solid to great defense, that is how they are built to win games, regardless of who started

• One of the hardest parts of coaching is in game substiutions, which oSu subs so frequently, which again helps keep their defensive identity/energy up but can hurt their offense and chemistry plus they play in a free flow offense but is only productive for players with high IQ

1 Like

Exactly my thoughts. They are defending national champions with still a load of talent and two players projected to be drafted, and we are still a fairly young team. The only seniors we have on this team are Ice and Williams.

If Gundy barely gets a win then everything is okay and everyone should just be happy we got the W. If Boynton barely beats the defending national champions people have to biotch about Boynton and his players taking shots they shouldn’t have taken.

He’s got two seniors on this team that aren’t NBA material. Baylor has two players projected to be drafted and they’re defending national champions. How about this?

How about you just be happy with the W? You guys are always biotching about how I should just be happy when Gundy barely gets a W. How about you guys return the favor for Boynton?

So it’s okay to say I should just shut up and be satisfied about Gundy barely getting by in some of his wins (when his offense has been a problem most of the year).

Yet, here all of you are bitching about Boynton’s coaching and almost losing the game when he just won in Waco against the defending national champions?

How about this? How about you just be happy Boynton and the players won this game? And stop biotching about the game? I figure if you guys think it’s good enough for Gundy it should be good enough for Boynton.

This is pure gold coming from you :joy::joy: Oklahoma state basketball is back!

2 Likes

Everyone would love this

3 Likes

How about you support the basketball coach instead of trashing him and the other fans?

How have I trashed him good sir

1 Like

I guess we’re just satisfied with sub 20 win seasons and an occasional tournament win in basketball these days , I mean god how can Baylor and tech be so much better than us every kid loves Stillwater, we have great facilities, in the last five years tech and Baylor have been to the final four with a championship and a runner up, I wonder what our problem is, we even had the number 1 pick in the draft

1 Like

It’s funny in football, which is a more physical sport and kids need to grow and work out,.ur always taking about playing freshman. Now with out gundy in basketball u cry we have 2 seniors. Didn’t count the chit load of Jr. Once again double standards for ur narrative.

Joey were not on boynton, I think we just know what we’ve got, we on u. U just make up stuff to argue.
If u actually read stuff I have said boynton has said too. I talk about getting another big. Boynton said he need more big guys. Alot of stuff I talk about are just fundamental stuff. I can’t be wrong, it’s fundamentally rite. Joey ur arguements are about hey he beat so and so 2 times. Which means nothing. Look at Baylor ur talking how good they are but lost 2 games in a row at home. Go run those stats. Basketball is about momentum. If u can keep rolling, u win. Yes the better ur setup is better.
Can u just be a fan talk to people about stuff, not ring to explain how lil u know. At least jug stays out of it. He knows he knows nothing.

2 Likes

Saying he isn’t a good coach and has problems. Geez!!! The guy is 2-2 in the best
conference against Top 25 teams so far. It’s not like he’s at Gonzaga where he gets to dominate every team!!!

You’re going to criticize him and say he has problems well no chit Sherlock!!! He’s in a conference with great teams and great coaches. That’s a little bit different than playing in the 3rd best conference in America where 70% of the teams were lucky to get to 6 wins or barely above.

Going to criticize him over a loss to Wichita State. Well Kansas and Self lost Dayton!!! Does that mean Self is a bad coach??? Gundy lost to Central Michigan!!! Do you think he’s a bad coach? How about Eddie Sutton??? I watched him lose to Northwestern State one year. Was Eddie a bad coach???

It’s better than not having an NCAA tourney win going on 13 years, right? I’m not satisfied with sub-par 20 win seasons, but I’m also not ignorant to the fact that Boynton’s had to deal with several issues since becoming the HC. Progress is being made through those difficulties. You and Loyd are just too stupid to see it.

Kentucky barely made it into the tournament a few years ago and got all the way to the Final Four. Baylor was also #1 in the country and the defending national champions. Just because they’ve lost two in a row doesn’t mean they aren’t any good any longer. Nice try Loyd.

Trying to downplay the competition and the win. Weird how you never seem to do that when Gundy does it. I think ND is the worst blue blood of blue bloods currently. You were all over that W. Yet, I never said once that ND was a bad team because they lost to a G5 school.

I forgot we can only criticize losses if Gundy is the head coach.

1 Like

I’m not saying you shouldn’t criticize him for it. I’m just saying you guys do it all the time. Hell!!! We have people on here criticizing him for some of the things during the game that happened. Never mind the fact he just beat the #1 team in the country on their court.

Let’s not be happy about that!!! Let’s just criticize Boynton for his players shooting a few more threes that he probably never told them to take.

I am happy we got the win. Why do you always complain? I bet that picture is of you in real life. I heard when you were a baby you were so ugly your mother used to sit you in a corner and feed you with a slingshot. Maybe that is what you are always craving attention. It doesn’t matter to you if it’s good or bad.

2 Likes

Yes please do…

2 Likes

Today’s top 25 came out and we have four losses against top 25 teams as they are ranked today. We also have two wins against top 25 teams.Baylor and Texas. I hope we continue and get ranked in the top 25 but that will be hard to do. Just for the slap in the face towards the ncaa.

2 Likes