Instacap: Oklahoma States Falls to No. 6 Kansas 76-62

The last time OSU won a tournament game before Boynton was Travis Ford’s first season. That would be March 2009. It was a long 12 years before winning another NCAA tourney game. Everyone wants to give Boynton chit saying “Only because of Cade!!!”. Well…who the hell do they think was able to get Cade here?

Travis Ford could recruit extremely well and couldn’t win a freaking tourney game. I can say Boynton needs to do a little better, but I don’t think we realize that three of the four best players on the team right now are Sophomores. People need to cool it a little bit. It’s a good basketball league with a lot of talent.

For those of you clamoring to fire Boynton and say we should model ourselves to be Iowa State. Just thought I’d let you all know Iowa State is tied for last in the league with WV. Let’s model ourselves after the last place team in the league and fire the coach doing better than that currently? Sure!!! Makes a lot of sense.

Go1 wants a new coach now, but does he even know how much it will cost to buyout the current contract. Sorry if I look at things in reality and not some fantasy land.

Do people here just think Boynton doesn’t know he needs to do a better job? I’m willing to bet he’s going to hit the transfer portal pretty hard if he doesn’t already have those scholarships filled.

I said a week or two ago he needed to develop Cisse into an offensive threat. Cisse is starting to play better on the offensive side of the ball. This team will return some experience and developed players (granted nobody good hits the portal) and it’ll be better. I just don’t see how you can oust a dude in a postseason ban situation when he made the tournament last season and earned a contract extension.

1 Like

We already have a big guy who can score why isn’t boone playing more. When he gets more then 5 min he scores. And is a better rebounder

Depends on the rotation. Is he a defensive liability or not? Does he get beat easily by other players? Cisse averages about 7 more minutes per game than Kalib Boone. Only difference is Cisse gets more rebounds and is a little taller and heavier.

He plays more. Look again u making a stupid stance.
Boone ice crime dog. The list goes on. Un boynton no one improves.
Boone was the biggest deal coming in this year.
I can’t believe I’m saying this but u know less about basketball then football.
Boone should be getting 20 minutes at least. Nobody gets stats when u dnt play. 5 minutes not much better.
Well we have been using cissy and losing.

Boynton is cheap, his buyout is low.

A win in the tournament is a sad, low bar.

Keep him another year or don’t, but he hasn’t done or proven anything. If Weiberg believes in the hire, then sure run it back one more time, but if he lets him go, there’s no performance argument to make for keeping him.

I know he does. I took that into account before commenting retard.

You call a 6 or 7 win season in football a great season. Get over yourself.

I never said he shouldn’t get more minutes. Stop acting like a toddler with a tantrum.

Sean Sutton didn’t make the tournament. Travis Ford won one in 8 seasons. Brad Underwood didn’t win a tournament game. There are three coaches with 11 years at OSU combined that have one tournament win between them. Boynton at least has one in 5 seasons, and none of those coaches got hit with a post season ban either. Keep crying though.

I am crying at the horrible state of this program. If one tournament win in five seasons is elevating us, then it’s a sad, low bar. Also, we’ve only made one tournament. I thought Boone’s money was supposed to make us competitive?

It was supposed to in football. Our HC found a way to screw that one up though by still recruiting like he had a 3-8 program instead of using the facilities and money at his disposal to recruit better at the time. When we got that donation we were still a decent basketball program.

Just making a bowl is a sad, low bar.

32 teams win a tournament game. 80 teams make a bowl.

1 Like

Stop acting like a toddler then I would. Boone money was used on basketball. Once again double standards.

Jug come up with new stuff

We win the bowls, so that’s 1 in 40 pretty much every year. Checkmate.

So in other words 40 teams win a bowl game. Yea big difference

Screwed it up how? By bringing the only outright conference championship to the program in 60 years?

Still a lower bar.

1 Like

If I’m looking at his contract terms correctly if he were to be fired after this season the buyout is around 13 million dollars. Is that a cheap, low buyout? I agree, a win in the tournament is a sad low bar, but in case you haven’t noticed Oklahoma State basketball has been pretty sad for going on 15 years now. He proved to me he was capable of getting the best player in the country and doing as much or more than the last 2 or 3 coaches we’ve had before him.

You’re right. I completely forgot they jacked his salary up last year for seven years. We’re in Travis Ford land again. We’re going to have to ride out this contract a bit and hope he does something.

Getting trapped in contracts like this is why we have such low standards now. He got the #1 player, but so what? You get players to win games, and how much can you build on a one and done guy? We got a first round win and that’s it. What does he need to win two games? The top three players?