Instacap: OSU Finishes Season With a Win over No. 12 Texas Tech

Looks to me like we should’ve spent less time trying to run the ball against Iowa State and Baylor. Dedicated a little more time to running a hurry up offense. Wouldn’t you agree?

What would you like him to do? Be around every single basketball player he has 24/7?

So in other words he’s doing a great job it’s just the kids he recruits screwing it up for him. Got it

1 Like

Lol u act like ciccy drop 30. He averaged 6 points last year with less playing time compare that to how he developed here. This year

Yes take it out of context. You still are funny.
You dnt even know what execution means.

Wow!!! You act like Gundy has never had to do such a thing. Dismissed 9 players his first season and went 4-7. Nobody was complaining when he still had Tyreek Hill preventing him from missing a bowl game.

So he has to drop 30 for it to be proven he improved?

Alright buddy keep making excuses

Execution requires a coach to put players in the best possible position to succeed based on the strengths and qualities of the players. Like how we finally decided throw the ball to the middle of the field in Bedlam (and it worked). It doesn’t mean keep doing the same thing over and over again and hoping it works. You don’t make players try to execute certain plays or sets if they keep proving to you it’s not a strength they possess.

Lol like I said you dnt know what execution is.
If you play can’t do the simple thing why would you try a more difficult play. Main thing learn how to dribble and pas would help. We can’t for get shooting.

I said you act like he drops 30 moron.
Had nothing to do with if he improved. I told you how to see if by numbers he improved.

Making excuses. Lol that is what we talking about. But, it’s your excuses.

What?

2017 - Should’ve been in over OU, but he was still a bubble team.
2018 - Who recruited those guys? Were they guys he shouldn’t have recruited or did he fail to keep them in line? Ah, young, naive coaches.
2019 - Why were they all freshmen? What happened to the guys he recruited? See 2018.
2020 - 5th in conference, only one tournament win with the #1 player. Underachieving.
2021 - Because of the man who was “like a brother” to him. It wasn’t Boynton’s fault. The ruling was bull. Boynton may lack discernment and need to be a little more suspicious of his athletes and his staff. Maybe, MAYBE he just got unlucky twice, but he might be too nice. His team had nothing to play for, but you’d like to see them shame the NCAA by having a great season.

Cisse was double-teamed every time he received a pass down low. He will need to add more body mass and muscle to counter the physical defense he is attracting down low.

I personally think Cisse will be a consistent monster next year. He will have to develop some moves and footwork, down low with the ball, and a consistent hook shot or short jumper. He has a nice shooting stroke. Just needs thousands of repetitions over the summer.

1 Like

Boyton definitely has several different offensive and defensive schemes. You can see him on the sideline signaling in what he wants the team to run, and they are constantly looking at him for instruction as they bring the ball up the court, while the other position players talk to each other and point to where each other need to be. I am convinced he has detailed schemes for the players to run. This team’s biggest deterrent this season was unforced turnovers. They got better as the season progressed, but they still had too many panic/errant passes (especially the Boone twins and Moncrief.) The poor play from the Boone twins, down the stretch, was a complete surprise to me.

Sorry that was for joey

Yea well like the boone brother no one has developed.
I would not be surprised if they tranfer.
Why develop ciccy would boone is a natural scorer. At least run them together more.

And on trunovers their is not one player I would bet my life to not trun the ballover. Just straight out out of control play. U do know the last to game had 22 and 16 turnovers. It didn’t get better.
These players are good defenders and hostel. That’s why when it’s ugly. They can win. That’s what’s weird about how inconsistent college bb has gotten.
Isu shoots lites out at stillwater scores 80. Ames shoot bad and can’t score. It’s not defense. We are talking open shots and short shots.

He still got screwed.

Do you expect every coach to be able to keep every player in line and never have any problems? If that were the case Tyreek Hill would’ve played for us another year.

Refer back to comment #2

Travis Ford had Marcus Smart (Top 10 HS recruit) and Le’Bryan Nash (Top 10 HS recruit) on the same team and didn’t win a single NCAA tournament game. That’s underachieving.

What do you mean maybe? After his first season he had three players that were freshman and recruited five players that were freshman the next season. More than half his team was made of freshman and sophomores in the 2018 and 2019 seasons. It’s not like the man is coaching at Duke, Kansas, UNC, or Kentucky where he’s going to get the best national high school talent every recruiting cycle.

2018 and 2019 wasn’t because of his lack of coaching. It was because of his lack of talent pool and inexperienced players. Look at Gundy. He literally had to rely on the only talent he had in the 2014 season to beat OU just to get to bowl eligibility. There are some things Boynton doesn’t get to control.