Interesting sayings the last decade

It’s quite interesting how I’ve heard so many people gripe about Gundy say the term “ culture “ yet that culture has broke through so much local radio is using it to describe every sport whether it be OU, okc or just the nfl in general. I know that culture pisses @ar1 off and his cheesedick buddy joe!

2 Likes

That is so true. I always point out cowboy culture to those 2 yahoos.

It’s what we need to make it to the new alignment

1 Like

I hear it a lot anymore coming from a lot of teams. They even talked about the Bama culture. They have great athletes but Saban demands a lot from them too. Joey and Jug could use goggle to look that up :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

I have noticed that Sooner Culture must be better than Cowboy Culture, 2-14! :+1::grinning::smile::smiley::grin::+1::grinning::smile::smiley::grin::+1::grinning::smile::smile::smiley::grin::+1::grinning::smile::smiley::smiley::grin::+1::grinning::smile::smiley::grin::+1::grinning::smile::smiley::grin::+1::grinning::smile::smile::smiley::smiley::grin:

U and ur 2 and 12.
Even tho ou hasn’t won a natty
Since gundy been here we are dnt a sub 500 program.
2 and 12 only gets u so far jug.
But if that’s all u got.

1 Like

Do you know where 2-14 gets you? It gets you to the most losses in Bedlam history.

And 146 wins get u a title almost a 70% winning% 16 straight winning season 16 straight bowls.

1 Like

And most years 4th in the conference.

There was a time (before Gundy) when 4th in the conference was good, back when Texas Nebraska Colorado and Missouri were good. During Gundy’s tenure there’s been OU and then we’ve seen teams come from the bottom like Baylor and Iowa State, so Gundy hasn’t needed to beat a dominant Ou,Nebraska and Texas in one year, no just OU. Which he has done twice and maybe this year.

Since we have been in the 10 team league we have dnt been at least tied for 3rd all but 2 times. I’m including this year too. I know u count ties at least for other teams.
What does it matter. Before gundy go all the way back to the 3 way title, we have I think 4 3rd place finishes. That’s 30 years. Prior to that we had no 3rd place finishes till 45’
I no u got to get ur rainman numbers out. By my account uve played all ur cards I still have bedlam Streaks. How gundy ranks as an osu hc.

I really dnt see how u get ur jollies off. We are in the middle of a title run and a playoff run. 9 and 1. This could be our best year in every way besides 45’ undefeated year.
U just amaze me jug. What r u looking for gundy to be fired when he is 9 and 1.

1 Like

You’re are 100% right if you take the original big12 teams and eliminate Nebraska Colorado Texas A&M Missouri Texas and OU Gundy starts to look pretty good but with 4 of those gone for years, how many conference titles has he won?

Gundy hasn’t brought us up to anything, the competition has come down to our level along with Baylor and Iowa State

Once again we had winning record against most if not all.
But since u want to go there we have 1 more title then all 4 combined since they left.
So yes u proved u point. Ur pathetic jug.

1 Like

Yeah Gundy is winning against a Texas team that loses to Kansas 2 of the last 5 years.

It took us 12 year after joining the big 8 to have a winning conference record.
Took us 14 years to have a winning overall record.
By the fact Texas recruits # 1 overall in the big 12, it makes gundy just that much better.
If 1 team has a down year another has an up year. One thing true is more and likely gundy teams are above the majority of the league.
After all this we are still 9 and 1 on a title run.

1 Like

Thank goodness the conference came down to our level.

1 Like

@yo1 If youre saying that Gundy was the originator of the word/term/phrase “Culture” in regarding a sports program, then I think thats a stretch. The first I can remember it being used was by George Steinbrenner back in the early 90’s. Gundy has done a good job at OSU and hes got a culture right now thats working. But…hes not the first person by any stretch to use that phrase

I’m with about gundy. But, saying the Yankees had culture u have lost ur mind.
The Yankees farm system was the Cleveland Indians. Under George it was buy a player from any where.
Development has hardly been used by the Yankees.
:scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::flushed::flushed::flushed::woozy_face::woozy_face::woozy_face::woozy_face::exploding_head::exploding_head::exploding_head::exploding_head::innocent::innocent::innocent::innocent::innocent::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

1 Like

Hang on chief, I didn’t say the Yankees started developing players. The word “culture” can be used in whatever way you think it fits your program/club

Oh I knew what u meant. The word culture is broad. Look at boy George and culture club​:roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes::woozy_face::woozy_face::woozy_face::woozy_face::exploding_head::exploding_head::exploding_head::exploding_head::scream::scream::scream::scream:
But cowboy culture means a completely different thing then what either Georges had.
:thinking::thinking::thinking::thinking::face_with_hand_over_mouth::face_with_hand_over_mouth::hugs::hugs::innocent::innocent::innocent::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::exploding_head::exploding_head::exploding_head::partying_face::partying_face::partying_face::partying_face::cowboy_hat_face::cowboy_hat_face::cowboy_hat_face::cowboy_hat_face::partying_face::partying_face:

1 Like

Literally never once said Gundy was the “originator” of the term culture :man_facepalming:. There are a few on here that hate it when Gundy says it. I just found it interesting how Gundy had been pounding away at that term for years now and a lot of people are starting to understand why.

1 Like

"local radio is using it to describe every sport whether it be OU, okc or just the nfl in general" That sentence came off to me as though something Gundy coined was now being used to describe all of those things you mentioned. My apologies

2 Likes