JD King Awaiting NCAA Appeals Process on Transfer

Looks like JD King is yet another case where the NCAA has been less than transparent or consistent when it comes to transfers. He was denied eligibility for this upcoming season after moving to Georgia Southern, closer to home. It looks like it’s still in the appeals process.

#GeorgiaSouthernTwitter is triggered.

My opinion is probably not shared by everyone, but I say let 'em all play immediately. Fear of change, or of a reality that’s already coming to college football, is not a justification for holding onto a silly rule.

2 Likes

I agree. If they want to take the risk of ‘dropping down’ a league and making it from there it’s an obscure route, but not unproven by others in recent years.

1 Like

Hard agree with you Kyle. I work in student affairs and while we have a ton of problems, it tends to pale in comparison to the NCAA.

1 Like

The point of the scholarship is to help them get a degree. Anything that hinders or detracts from that process detracts from the point in my opinion. Let them transfer if necessary. Let them play immediately if necessary. Who cares where they play or when so long as they get the degree.

There’s about a million things that the NCAA shouldn’t be doing if that were the real case. I’ve never met a person who works in compliance who believes the NCAA is there primarily to support and help student athletes.

Update: he got cleared so he’s eligible. Good for him, although seeing him tag-teaming with Chuba again would have been something.

2 Likes