JT Thor Commitment Primer: Where PFB Predicts the Four-Star Big Will Land (+)

60852b8b891a77c024f9cb46a9c792cdcecd7ec6

JT Thor, the four-star power forward with more high major offers than I have close friends, is just two days from announcing his college destination.

If Thor were to join the ranks in Stillwater, not only would we have opportunity for countless Avengers memes, Mike Boynton’s top flight 2020 class would move from No. 10 nationally up to No. 6 just behind only Kentucky, Duke, North Carolina, Michigan and Tennessee.

247Sports’ crystal ball prediction currently gives OSU an 83 percent chance of landing the god of thunder (all the dunk GIF captions), now here’s how the staff at PFB sees things going down.

Kyle Porter: OSU – I feel less confident than the other guys, even though people who know things have been positive about this from an OSU perspective. I do think it matters that Auburn is pursuing multiple other bigs and OSU doesn’t seem to be. I’ll say Thor picks orange on Easter Sunday, but I won’t be shocked if he doesn’t.

Kyle Boone: OSU – This has been a done deal for a long time, but it’s always been with the caveat that he wasn’t going overseas and turning pro early. Ultimately, he’s decided staying in the states and choosing to play out a year or two in college at a university is his best path. Doing so at an institution that has the future No. 1 pick on its roster next season seems like a no-brainer.

Marshall Scott: OSU – I just think it makes a lot of sense with Cam leaving an open spot at power forward. Why it took this long? I’m not sure, but I think this long process will be fruitful for Boynton and Co.

Kyle Cox: OSU – I think it just makes too much sense for both parties. Thor fills a big need in a big way for a class replete with wing talent. He’ll get to benefit from playing along side superstar talent like Cade Cunningham as well as Rondel Walker and others. Cade is the crown jewel of the class but Thor would be a top 12 commit ever at the school and the school’s second-highest rated big in 247’s composite rankings. Did I mention the GIF captions? Thor lays down the hammer! The god of thunderous dunks!

3 Likes

Way to hedge your bet there, KP! :laughing:

5 Likes

Yor and Thor will get the award for the overused-“Phil Forte went to high school with Marcus Smart” comment.

1 Like

May be hard to beat “Cade’s brother Cannen was hired by OSU”

6 Likes

At least we will be a season removed from the “Isaac Likekele played for Bruce Weber in the U19 games” comment.

8 Likes

Is PFB making a Yor and Thor shirt? I’d buy that.

1 Like

Idk. I think they mentioned Yor and his hand a few times in broadcast. Also, if HCMB doesn’t use a Avengers or some kind of storm GIF to announce the commitment I’ll be hugely disappointed.

9 Likes

I’d wait until they start killing it together first.

1 Like

Get on the wagon now or else

1 Like

I would buy. (We’d also never be allowed!)

2 Likes

Well in the case… saddle up partner!
nJPkKr231dvKo

3 Likes

Just put your creative minds to work and I’m sure you can come up with something that will pass muster

Do we think Thor takes minutes and the starting spot from Yor next season? Also, with the info that’s been given about Thor wanting to possibly play overseas is there a chance he commits and the in CV19 clears up in time for him to secure a good deal overseas that he jumps ship too late to be replaced? It’s just seems like Pistol Pete’s law at this point. “Whatever can screw up history for Oklahoma St, will”…

2 Likes

I think that Thor is actually going to help out Yor. It takes the pressure off of him to be one of two guys in the middle and will let him avoid fouling as much. I also think that the ‘overseas’ thing going away had nothing to do with COVID and that he wants to get to the league via the fastest route possible, which is playing in front of the national media with Cade.

9 Likes

Hey there you are. I was just wondering out loud about you. I feel like you’ve been quiet lately.

1 Like

That’s fair. I appreciate your candor. :rofl::ok_hand:

2 Likes

Just trying to stay up on what everyone is posting and not throw out info that would shorten conversation. Ready to get back in the swing of things for sure. :ok_hand: Hope you’re doing well friend.

3 Likes

Here is my question. Can any of you tell me the name of a 2019 recruit that went the pro route without googling it?
My point is, why would someone go overseas to play a year when you could stay and play in the USA, where as a top recruit, you will be on tv multiple nights and NBA scouts would have better access to see you?
Seems to me it would be better to become a household name in America, than to go overseas. What do y’all think?

RJ Hampton.

2 Likes

No I think Thor will get his minutes at the 4, and Thor/Kalib will continue to dominate the minutes at the 5.

1 Like