JT Thor Nuggets (Mar. 20)

Screen Shot 2020-03-20 at 1.24.15 PM

Since Thor just dropped his top three, I thought I’d update you on what we know.

• There’s been a lot of talk about his reclassification, but apparently he is doing the (extra) work to stay in the 2020 class. I don’t know how corona affects this.

• He’s been told that a college year would be better for his pro prospects than another prep year. I don’t know why one would need to be told this.

• Cade isn’t an insignificant piece of the puzzle here. Thor (and presumably others) want to play with Cade, both because he’s the best player in the country but also because of the spotlight he’ll bring. That’s real when it comes to the NBA and players know it.

• One source thought he was OSU’s to lose, but he’s so mum it’s hard to say. Most guys (or the people around them) are somewhere on the range from “mildly open” to “will tell you literally anything” – he is not on that range.

20 Likes

You scared me. I glanced at the headline and thought he signed with Denver.

1 Like

You guys. This is a freeze frame that I snagged from one of JT Thor’s instagram videos.

WUT?!

GET. THIS. MAN. ON. CAMPUS.

7 Likes

Photoshopped, duh. We can’t have nice things

1 Like

Yup. That’s actually a photo of me. And the basket is 4 ft. tall.

4 Likes

Rook my friend… I always just assumed you were a bald white dude. I have to apologize for making such awful assumptions about you.

3 Likes

It’s alright man. No worries. My therapist says it will only scar me for a few years, so no big deal.

2 Likes

Dang, that got me giggling and then coughing. Now my office thinks I have coronavirus. Thanks…

3 Likes

His head is only about to hit the rim, what of it?

Not to be critical, but seeing this photo makes me chuckle at some of the “we don’t even want this guy anymore” takes that were floating around a few weeks ago when a teenager was being flakey on a life altering decision. He’s a kid. He’ll figure it out. But we DEFINITELY want this cat.

5 Likes

Yeah, I respect everyone’s opinions here, but I have no clue how someone wouldn’t want a guy like that. The fact that he can’t make up his mind between us and a bunch of top level programs doesn’t bother me one bit. Ultimately, once he’s here, if he comes here, we know his goal is to get to the NBA pretty much as quick as possible, so he’s going to want to show out in front of all of the scouts watching Cade. I’m not concerned one bit about his desire or effort level or whatever for a guy that talented.

5 Likes

This times a million. Like how could we NOT want this dude. He can ball quite clearly and we need some bigs. Dude is legit and the work ethic crap will have to be addressed by the team. Which with the group plus Boynton… it doesn’t seem likely that they would let him slack off.

1 Like